Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyjcjaylin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Judgment and house purchase
    I am trying to purchase a home, I have a judgment against me but it is over 8 year, it is no longer on my credit report. Please advise?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 26, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Advise what?

If the judgment is no longer on your credit report, it should not prevent you from getting a mortgage.

However, your getting a mortgage may trigger the judgment holder into action to collect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgment preventing house purchase [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are senior citizens trying to buy a house. There is no rental available for us. I have a judgement against me from a Chase Manhattan credit card. I never spent $40,000 dollars on that credit card!! Why wasn't I informed it was going into judgement. And, why did the balance jump...

House purchase [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum WRWB, I do not have a house in my native country Mumbai India, and my family is facing lot of difficulties without an own house, and the prices of flats in Mumbai and paying the entire cash and buying a flat is just impossible, My question is that whether I can go for a home loan...

Purchase house for $25 the house value is $22 what is the adjust entries [ 0 Answers ]

During the prior fiscal year, Nina corp signed a long-term noncancellable purchase commitment with its primary supplier to purchase $25 of raw materials. Nina Paid $25 to axquire the raw materials when the raw materials wer only worth $22. Assume that the purchase commitment was properly...

Judgment against my house [ 0 Answers ]

I have a judgement against my house. I have called the company to try to settle the amount before the closing of my house but even after I give them my social security number, they tell me theyhave nothing under my name. I don't want them to take this money out if the company can't find any thing...

View more questions Search