Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coco way Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
    Auto Dealership cleaning rates?
    I live in Richmond, Va. We have a 30,000 square foot dealership building that needs cleaning 7 days a week. It's going to take our crew of 3 around 2.5 - 3 hours to clean the entire building per day. We will be providing supplies (toilet paper, hand soap etc. ) also insurance overhead will run us $120 a month. Flooring is basically all tile with a few carpeted areas and we have squeegee the auto shop/service floors. They want basic cleaning of entire area. It's a class B building so was wondering what we need to charge per square foot (range) and also what are typical profit margin percentages on a job like this for our bid. I was thinking 30%. Is this too high or in line.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Generally the smaller the job the higher the percentage of profit Coco. However in my opinion 30% is way too high. All I can compare to is my area in Chicago, however I would suggest something around 15 to 18-20% on a job this size.

If you are saying 3 hours per day/7 days per week you have 91 hours per month. If each of your crew will work 3 hours per day then you have 9 hours per day or 273 hours per month. You weren't clear as to how many TOTAL MAN HOURS per day you will be using.

In any case you obviously have to total all your expenses and costs then add profit and break it sown to a loaded hourly rate just for your benefit to learn to control your costs.

But always bid commercial jobs on a monthly basis.

My suggestion is just that a suggestion, in the end you are always responsible for your own pricing.

Stinger
    Coco way Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Thanks for info Stringer. How would you also go about charging per square foot for a auto dealership over 10,000. Say 30,000 sq ft. I know dealerships require more time involved to clean. It's a Class B building. 7 days a week. Same specs as my 1st thread. Mostly tile & large service area. The fact it's 7 days a week should add on higher value, right? Total manpower per day 12 hours @ $10 per hour. Plus monthly supplies ($250) plus monthly insurance ($100) I'm new to this... Thanks... Even if I could could get a rate comparison in another city would be helpful. Basing it off profit margins is sort of tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Generally the smaller the job the higher the percentage of profit Coco. However in my opinion 30% is way too high. All I can compare to is my area in Chicago, however I would suggest something around 15 to 18-20% on a job this size.

If you are saying 3 hours per day/7 days per week you have 91 hours per month. If each of your crew will work 3 hours per day then you have 9 hours per day or 273 hours per month. You weren't clear as to how many TOTAL MAN HOURS per day you will be using.

In any case you obviously have to total all your expenses and costs then add profit and break it sown to a loaded hourly rate just for your benefit to learn to control your costs.

But always bid commercial jobs on a monthly basis.

My suggestion is just that a suggestion, in the end you are always responsible for your own pricing.

Stinger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you send a 1099 to an auto dealership that is a partnership? [ 1 Answers ]

We have purchased several cars from a dealership that is listed as a partnership. Do we need to supply a 1099 to them?

Privacy act violations at an auto dealership [ 1 Answers ]

If an Auto dealership is throwing peoples dates of birth, social security numbers and names in open garbage are they responsible for privacy act violations by not shredding or protecting this personal information?

Used auto dealership financing on a car they don't have. [ 5 Answers ]

I recently located a car online that I wanted to purchase. The seller was a new/used Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. I called to inquire about the vehicle, requested a car fax, settled on a price (all contingent upon the unit being as represented), and then discussed financing. I knew my...

Burned by auto dealership! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my wife and I went looking for a trade in of our previous vehicle (2003 Ford Windstar) a couple of months ago, while at the dealership, we explained to the salesman we are looking for something smaller that is going to give us much better fuel mileage. He proceeds to show us a 2007 Ford...

View more questions Search