Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desdeash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Furnace shuts off
    My oil furnace will shut off during the day or evening. I can usually get it going again by pressing the restart button. Even then, sometimes it won't click in, sometimes it will run for half a minute and shut down. If I restart a few times with very short runs, it evventually will run for an hour or two. There is also an oil smell in the house. It is a 20+ yr old assembly
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
    STOP hitting the reset. Call for service. I am sure it needs a tune up and filter change. By hitting the reset you are over riding the safety control. Call for service.
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Very dangerous

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old...

Comfortmaker furnace shuts down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comfortmaker furnace that is vented with a 3" duct and a blower. Recently it started where the furnace will run through it's course , the glow plug will work, then the gas valve opens and you can see the heat in the exchange and then after a few minutes the blower will come on and heat...

Furnace won't maintain temp - shuts off [ 5 Answers ]

Furnace problem - Turn temp to 70 Furnace runs until 70 degrees Maintains temperature for awhile - probably for a couple of hours At some point it stops maintaining the temperature and keeps kicking on and off. I've watched the thermostat - I'll actually turn the temp up to try to get it to...

Furnace shuts off after a few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace will lite for few seconds then shuts off. How do I trouble shoot this. I have a rheem model # rgpn

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

View more questions Search