Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mshill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
    Fraudulent check
    I have a question my so called friend asked me to cash a to cash a check for him because he had no id. He signed the check over to me and I deposited it into my account.. I kept asking him over and over if the check was legit and he said yes.. I went to the bank they closed my account for fraud.. SD that because no money was disbursed I'm not in criminal trouble.. however SD that I can't get an account anywhere.. #1 how do I go about fixing this.. I am TRULY INNOCENT and did not know the check was stolen.. #2 can I lose my JOB? Is this showing up on my background record?? I have no money at all for a lawyer but I need this fixed..
    mshill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Accused for fraud and I'm innocent
    I have a question my so called friend asked me to cash a to cash a check for him because he had no id. He signed the check over to me and I deposited it into my account.. I kept asking him over and over if the check was legit and he said yes.. I went to the bank they closed my account for fraud.. SD that because no money was disbursed I'm not in criminal trouble.. however SD that I can't get an account anywhere.. #1 how do I go about fixing this.. I am TRULY INNOCENT and did not know the check was stolen.. #2 can I lose my JOB? Is this showing up on my background record?? I have no money at all for a lawyer but I need this fixed..
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jun 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
    In their eyes, unfortunately, you are the one responsible. It may show up on a background check. If it's not a criminal charge you're facing, then you probably won't see it pop up on a simple background check. You will probably see it in a more detailed background check though. As far as fixing it, I would request to talk to the bank manager about the whole situation. But without your "friend" making a confession, you'll probably have no luck. If you can have him admit it, especially if it was recorded or in writing with his signature, then you can turn it around. None of us here can offer you legal advice so proceed with caution. As far as losing your job, unless you are paid in direct deposit, your employer may not even find out about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 23, 2012, 01:51 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Unless criminal charges are brought against you, this shouldn't show up on a background check unless it was reported to a credit bureau, but not a criminal check. Its not likely to affect your job, unless criminal charges are brought. But it would still be a good idea to tell HR, confidentially, what happened

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ErrorExpert - is it fraudulent? [ 1 Answers ]

I have sent ErrorExpert 8 messages since 06/04/10 and have not received any response. Their advertising blurb clearly states that if I am unhappy with their service within 8 weeks from date of purchase, they will refund in full 'no questions asked'. I am unhappy with their service - or...

Was landlord fraudulent? [ 1 Answers ]

Signed a one year lease for an apartment. Two months later the landlord's son took over the business and asked me to sign some copies for his bank. After one year the lease was up. Notice was given appropriately. Landlord then says- hang on, you signed copies for three year rental - you have to pay...

Fraudulent marriages [ 2 Answers ]

How many people go to jail each year for fraudulent marriages?

Fraudulent Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

How do I report a fraudulent foreign adoption and remain anonymous?

View more questions Search