Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viejamom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Musty smelling and tasting water even when filtered
    Live in a 25 year old house and we have a sewer gas smell in the master bath. Poured bleach down the shower and it helped a lot for about 2 weeks. I also have a musty smell coming the water dispenser in the fridge. The fridge is new and before that I had flakes coming out of the water dispenser. The flakes are gone due to the new fridge but the water smells and tastes musty even with a new filter. I just noticed the same smell today coming from the shower head while taking a shower. It was a faint musty smell just like that from the fridge. Is it possible these are all related and coming from the city water supply? I even have a water softener that I rent and have the tank replaced every two weeks. It's driving me crazy.

Check out some similar questions!

Tap water smelling foul, found dead lizard water tank, we have been using same water [ 1 Answers ]

Tap water smelt foul in the house, the smell was faint and we kept using the water for a week for drinking, cooking and bathing. When the smell became discernible we got the water tank cleaned and found a dead garden lizard in it.Water tank cleaned with bleaching powder As yet feel no symptoms...

My water is filtered and tastes fine but my ice and water from the fridge taste bad [ 0 Answers ]

My cold water and fridge is on a dual filter system under the sink, however, the faucet water is fine but the ice and water from the fridge are very chemical tasting and unable to consume. Something between the sink connection and the refridge is wrong. Any ideas?

Filtered Water Faucet Leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a reverse osmosis system on our kitchen sink. The small 'faucet' that dispenses the filetered water is leaking out of its breathing tube. I disconnected it assuming it was blocked but can't find any evidence that's the case. Any suggestions would be appreciated

My weird tasting water. [ 14 Answers ]

I know this is sord of off topic but Im a pre-teen and in my fitness my water is concerning me I freeze my water and I have noticed that the water taste really weird what should I do?Please answer I know this really of topic

Foul tasting water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator roughly 3yrs old. A couple of weeks ago it started getting warm. We cleaned the coils in the back and it started to cool back down, however, a foul smell started that day. Now the water and ice from the dispenser taste bad and the smell is still...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.