Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sumy_o Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 03:10 AM
    Children
    My husband betrayed us... He was already married to a non muslim girl a yr before we were married... I came t know this after 6-8 months of our marriage... I wanted to leave him.. But I was pregnant... N he has promised to divorce that hindu lady... Its been 8 yrs now I have two children... He hasn't left that lady... I tolerate life... Wait to die. I wish t divorce him... I want to know will my children go with me or him according to law,I can't leave my kids to him as he's charactorless,how long will my children be with me?I want to take away my chidren and go out of his sick life... Please help.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Asalamu Alaikum!

I am so sorry you were not aware he was married before!!
    Where do you live? This will help us find answers.

Jun 14, 2012, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum!

I am so sorry you were not aware he was married before!!!
    Where do you live? This will help us
    find answers.
    Walekumsalam... Yes I wasn't aware of it... No one kne.. Not evn his family... I was found by his family to marry him... I live in hydderabad india.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
    I am sorry, I know nothing about India or what the laws and cultures are. Insha Allah you will find your answer soon!

Jun 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    I am sorry, i know nothing about India or what the laws and cultures are. Insha Allah you will find your answer soon!
    Whatever the law does will be according to islamic rulings... So please tell me what does islam say for my children's.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
    As far as I know (I am still learning) Children under 12, stay with the mother. Children over 12, will stay with the father. But I have also read that children go to the father always. And I've also read that children go to the parent who is most able to emotionally, physically, and financially provide for the child.

Have you spoken with your Imam? He would know much more than I.

Jun 15, 2012, 05:33 AM
    [QUOTE=jenniepepsi;3153279]As far as I know (I am still learning) Children under 12, stay with the mother. Children over 12, will stay with the father. But I have also read that children go to the father always. And
    I've also read that children go to the parent who is most able to
    Emotionally, physically, and financially provide for the chil

Walekumsalam.. No I don't have anyone to speak to about it... im just dragging life for sake of my two girls... One is 7, second one is 1 1/2yrs.what is left... My time is over my dreams and wishes and love for man everything finished... Im literary living to takecare of my kids and avoiding to give my parents the strain of divorce... but
    Sometimes a thought comes in my mind to get away and live my life... So I contacted u.. iam thankfull to you for your concern... I think I really can't separate my kids from their father however he is nor I can't live without my kids... They are my life.
    Here I Will survive... There allah will show.. . ameen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a registered sex offender live with children who are family or their own children [ 7 Answers ]

Can a sex offender live with children in their families or their own children if the offense is not on them

Calif.Inheritance taxes on savings bonds & Roth Ira direct to Children/Grnd Children? [ 2 Answers ]

In California is there inheritance tax (State or Federal) on savings bonds left to grandchildren or Roth Ira funds left to the children directly and outside of the Living Trust? Is the tax rate higher to the grandchildren than it would be if the bonds were left to the children? Is the tax paid...

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search