Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Afriqueen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 08:40 PM
    How can EtG work after 5 days
    Dr. Bill:

It is Thursday evening. I had about 9-12 oz of wine last Saturday evening, early Sunday morning, probably around 1 am. I am female, 5'2", 34 years old, 156 lbs, and I have had 0 alcohol in the last 6 months, so I assume my tolerance has decreased. So, I gave a UA at about 7 pm tonight, Thursday. If I go back to, say, 10 am Sunday, which I think is probably enough time for my bac to be back to 0, and I didn't even feel a trace of intoxication or headache or even dehydration, though not sure since I'm smaller in stature, but not tiny-tiny in weight, that would be about 105 hours. I am so worried and this was my second-to-last class of 18 and this will ruin everything for me. I could get into why I chose to drink, but we all have our f-ups and this was one of mine. Please, please don't tell me there is a problem that I drank at all because I know that and am already addressing that issue--my question is scientific, not moral. I know I can do nothing so panicking is useless, but I need a bit of peace of mind as I don't function well under stress. Can you give me any or should I prepare to be even more disappointed in myself?
    LauraBell Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 09:50 PM
    I most definitely think you will pass and have no alcohol in your system after that long. I don't think you will have any trace of EtG.

Quote Originally Posted by Afriqueen View Post
    Dr. Bill:

It is Thursday evening. I had about 9-12 oz of wine last Saturday evening, early Sunday morning, probably around 1 am. I am female, 5'2", 34 years old, 156 lbs, and I have had 0 alcohol in the last 6 months, so I assume my tolerance has decreased. So, I gave a UA at about 7 pm tonight, Thursday. If I go back to, say, 10 am Sunday, which I think is probably enough time for my bac to be back to 0, and I didn't even feel a trace of intoxication or headache or even dehydration, though not sure since I'm smaller in stature, but not tiny-tiny in weight, that would be about 105 hours. I am so worried and this was my second-to-last class of 18 and this will ruin everything for me. I could get into why I chose to drink, but we all have our f-ups and this was one of mine. Please, please don't tell me there is a problem that I drank at all because I know that and am already addressing that issue--my question is scientific, not moral. I know I can do nothing so panicking is useless, but I need a bit of peace of mind as I don't function well under stress. Can you give me any or should I prepare to be even more disappointed in myself?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 05:19 AM
    There is no record of anyone having EtG in system at that time.

EtG is excreted at a steady rate, just like alcohol, and your system was cleared of the small amount of wine > EtG long before.
    Afriqueen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 12:44 PM
    OK, well thank you very much for your prompt responses and consideration. This is encouraging. I was most concerned because of the many posts I've seen regarding ETG showing up to 130 hours, and though it's greater than the "80 hours" we read about so often, it is less than the "5 days" we also hear, and I've even heard up to a week, which terrifies me, and the fact that people's bodies are so different and there are so many variables.

I guess the answer is to not drink, right? :) I will try to relax and celebrate with a nice iced tea and cheesecake when I complete my program. This experience has been very satisfying overall.

Thanks again...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr Bill! Please help!! Will I pass EtG after 6 days abstinent. [ 1 Answers ]

Have been drinking large amounts of alcohol for about a week and a half.about 120 ounces of beer a day. Have not drank in 6 days and have an EtG on my 7th day of abstinence. Will I fail this test?

Have and ETG will beer show up 2 days after [ 3 Answers ]

I drank on Saturday, probably about 4 beers and have an ETG test today which is Monday, will it show up?

EtG Test after 6 1/2 days [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in alcohol treatment. I had one Heiniken beer with ice on Sunday morning (5/8), no later than 2 am. which was 6 1/2 days ago. I was tested this past Saturday, assuming it was the ETG test. Are there any chances I could fail this test? Thanks

EtG test for alochol-up to 7 days [ 2 Answers ]

hello everyone, I have a random question. I've heard alcohol can stay in your system for 7days? Im freaking out.. I drank hardcore tues/wed/thurs, and might have to take a UA on tues. I've been sweating for two days straight, and working out, drinking lots of vitamin water. Any Comments!!

View more questions Search