Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellydelira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 06:46 PM
    I wanted to know if I could place a shrimp in my goldfish tank to clean the fish?
    Can I put a shrimp in my goldfish tank? Like a cleaner shrimp.
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Jun 6, 2012, 06:50 PM
    I tried that... they ate it... I tried pleco's they ate them, I tried snails the drowned them then ate them. I even tried cray fish, big ones, they ate them... gold fish will eat any and every thing. My gold fish are about 12 inches long though so a cleaner shrimp might be OK if your fish are small.
    kellydelira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
    I have 3 gold fish all of which I won at the fair. I also purchaseda a snail and a shark of some sort bubble something. They are all in a 10 gallon fish tank. I want a shrimp but do they clean? Like seriously eat all the micro organisms off the fish?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can goldfish live in fish bowls? [ 14 Answers ]

I went to walmart to get a fish, a betta fish actually, and they were all out so I was just going to get a goldfish instead and put it in a fish bowl but the lady was like "Oh, it won't survive in a fish bowl it has to be in a tank." But, the fish was full grown and it was just as big as a betta...

How often to clean a fish tank. [ 5 Answers ]

How often should I remove water with my syphon and add new water? I was doing this once a week but had a very high mortality rate. The receptionist at my doctors office said to stop removing water, and only add treated water when the water levels get low. Wouldn't this cause a lot of ammonia from...

What Fish Would You recommend I Buy For My Cichlid Fish Tank? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 26 gallon cichlid fish tank. I am looking to buy more fish. So far I have 2 red blood parrot fish, 1 black knife fish, and 2 snails. I know I can't have many fish since cichlids are territorial, but what fish would you recommend to buy? Thanks!

I have two goldfish fish, staying at the bottom of the tank [ 1 Answers ]

Actually, maybe I should say that I have two goldfishes. One lionheaded and one silver, much smaller than the other one. The little one doesn't seem to have any symptoms, only that he is keeping compay to the big one, on the bottom of the tank (which I had also observed as something wrong, they are...

Beta fish in goldfish bowl [ 16 Answers ]

Unfortunately the other day my Golden Dojo Loach died. I cleaned out his bowl and now sitting here looking at it(the empty bowl) makes me feel pretty sad. I've decide to get another fish but am wondering can beta fish live in fish bowls? A person at a pet store told me yes, but on the internet it...

View more questions Search