Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markcoachman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Why is my cat got a stronge ammonia smell
    We have a 10yr old persion that has a toilet pod that she uses but has now started weeing by the front door even though she is let out she still wees and the wee has a strong amonia smell why is this
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 02:28 PM
    You need to get her checked out by your vet, could be a urinary tract infection, could be other things.
    Not trying to alarm you, but persians are prone to kidney disease, the sooner you get her in and have kidney issues either ruled out or confirmed the better it will be in the long run.
    Best of luck to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urine/ammonia smell in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have urine/ammonia smell in the basement we had quite a bit a rain last weekend and the storm drains backed up thank gosh not the sewage drain I have fans running and a humidifier pulled out some wet carpet and shop vac'd the other. Carpet is drying out but noticed the smell when coming...

Smell from toilet what has to do with ammonia? [ 1 Answers ]

Please answer me soon. I had to leave soon

Cutting Ammonia smell [ 2 Answers ]

I have pet rabbits in my house and I try to be as green as possible. But I heard that putting vailla extact in their water will do the trick. Do you know the ratio? And will it truly work? Thanks!

Toilets smell of ammonia when we haven't used bleach - what is it ? [ 3 Answers ]

WE bought a house that needed loads of work. The upstairs toilet had a bad bleach smell that would not go away and we could not pinpoint where the smell came from. We had 3x plumbers round, none of them new what it was. We have had every pipe , toilet, sink + tile replaced in the upstairs toilet +...

Ammonia cat urine [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there Quick question ~ I am a new cat owner (1 yr) and I have a sweet loving male neutered cat (Sir Chiggy) and I have just noticed over the past week that his urine smells very strong of ammonia. Never has before! To the point that my eyes water. Is this normal? Possibility of a UTI? ...

View more questions Search