Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxjuarezxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Can me and my husband sign our right over
    I have a cps case and am pregnant I wanted to know how can me and my husband sign our rights over to my mom so cps doesn't take my baby??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxjuarezxx View Post
    I have a cps case and am pregnant i wanted to know how can me and my husband sign our rights over to my mom so cps doesn't take my baby?????
    Go up to the stickies... and read the post about signing over rights... a child isn't an object... or a possession like a car.

But on second thought... thats probibly asking too much... so click on this link and do some reading.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html
    xxjuarezxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 09:13 AM
    I know that my baby isn't a possession like a car but I would prefer my baby go to my mother and have a better life
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Only the COURT can order a change of custody... Unless you can get a family court to do it before CPS steps in... you can't stop them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Women wants to sign baby over to me and husband [ 3 Answers ]

My question is we found a women in Indiana who is willing to sign over her parental rights over to my husnand and I, and I was curious to what the process in order for that to happen. I know we have to legalize with court. Anything else have to be done?we are in the state of Indiana? Thanks for any...

What do I do about having my ex sign off rights?My soon to husband wants to adopt her [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter is four years old and I've had sole custody since the day she was born. Her father signed off his rights when I was four months pregnant but the State of Maryland said it was invalid because my daughter was not born yet. I didn't put him on the birth certificate but later that changed...

Getting Ex to sign over child custody to My Husband [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very complicatedd situation that I need help with. Two years ago I was involved with a man that later became my boyfriend all in one month and two months later I became pregnant. He was excited about the pregnancy and so was I this was my first child. He was involved Doctor's visit's etc.....

Not sure if husband needs to sign tax returns ? [ 3 Answers ]

My filing status is married but I do not live with my husband and he does not work . I have not lived with him for 6months . Will I need him to sign anything when getting my taxes done or can I just go on Married Filing Separately ? Please help am so confused !

Can my husband sign a car title over to me? [ 2 Answers ]

When we purchased my car my husband did so at the dealership he works for and completed all the paper work himself. Now I need the car in my name for business purposes and other reasons. My question is how do I go about doing this in the state of TN and will I have to pay any taxes on this. Any...

View more questions Search