Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monekey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Rats
    What is the chaces of my dog getting sick from killing a rat , he did not eat it just killed it ? He may or may not be up on his rabie shot not sure if he is due it isn't by much. And I still have the rat should/could I get it checked out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Leptospirosis is a BIG DANGER to dogs in my area. Was your dog vaccinated against it?

I'd call the Vet and ask.

You don't know if the rabies shots are up to date? "Ain't by much" or not, overdue is overdue.

Then, yes, you NEED to ask your Vet. Chances are slim, but I wouldn't take the chance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I have rats [ 1 Answers ]

I have rat in my apartment. I have found drippings in my drawers on my clothes and all over my house. They did come and put traps but I'm still finding drippings. My lease is up next month and they will not move me to another apartment or let me out of my lease. I have a child and can't live with...

Oh rats... [ 43 Answers ]

Ok so we are thinking about getting a rat. I don't really want to spend $150 on the cages they have in town so I was looking for alternatives. I though ooooh we have a 3ft fish tank in the shed... but then I looked online and nope, can't use that, not enough ventilation. Then I remembered my...

Pet rats [ 8 Answers ]

I have a few questions. I have 2 female rats. I keep them in separate cages. The oldest one is about 10 - 11 months and the other one is maybe 4 months. I would like to be able to have them around each other if that can be possible. But I'm afraid of them fighting. Ive had them by each other a...

Chinchilla Rats [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know more about chinchilla rats. Where can you find them? I think I may have seen one in Omak Washington. Please get back to me, Thanks.

View more questions Search