Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikibokkagloria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
    Quitting smoking
    I am using a niquitin 21mg patch but this morning I have woken up feeling really sick and ill I was wondering if it was because of the patch
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikibokkagloria View Post
    i am using a niquitin 21mg patch but this morning i have woken up feeling really sick and ill i was wondering if it was because of the patch
    Quite possible. I see that the NiQuitin patch delivers a rapid dose followed by continuous release and claims to address morning craving. That is because you are receiving a continuous dose while sleeping (when your system isn't accustomed to nicotine) and that could cause nausea.

Smoking is very dependent on conditioned responses and that involves physiologic conditioning as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Quitting smoking [ 5 Answers ]

I have quit smoking 6 weeks ago and now have severe night sweats, every night. Is this normal? Thank you

Quitting Smoking? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so, I want to quit smoking, the thing is, I smoke when I am bored, so to quit smoking I would need to find soemthing else to do with my hands instead of smoking. A friend of mine, she quit smoking and now she eats when she is bored. I don't want to eat all the time... I think I need a hobby...

Hypnosis for quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

I am thinking of trying hypnosis to quit smoking. Has anybody tried it, or had it work for them. I'm going to go to a session in July to see what it's all about. I want to quit smoking and I've heard that there are a lot of things to help, I think that to change your behaviour you have to change...

Quitting Smoking and its associated Drama [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I wasn't quite sure where exactly to post this question so I took the liberty of reasoning that surely since it regards my health then why not in this section. I am a caucasian male in his late twenties who has,lets say, sometimes succumbed to lifes guilty pleasures and is noticing a effect...

View more questions Search