Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nosaku Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:28 AM
    How to file US tax returns from India
    Hi all,

I worked in USA from Aug-2005 to July-2006. I filed my tax returns for 2005. But now I am back to India, and I need file my tax returns for 2006.

Can anyone suggest me how to file tax returns from India?
    I calculated that I would be receiving some refund. How do IRS send refund to India? (I do not have any bank account active in USA)

Regards,
    Satish.
    Want2Know Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Simply go to Internal Revenue Service. You should be able to find most of your questions answered there. If not there's an email address to ask specific questions..

Good Luck.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Satish:

You can download the forms from Internal Revenue Service and mail them off from India. The IRS will send the refund check to any mailing address in the world.

If you need my professional tax help, contact me at [email protected].
    nosaku Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    Satish:

You can download the forms from Internal Revenue Service and mail them off from India. The IRS will send the refund check to any mailing address in the world.

If you need my professional tax help, contact me at [email protected].
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will sure contact you in case I need any tax help. Thanks again.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file returns with married status if spouse is Canadian. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I just got married on Dec. 16, 2006. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and I'm a U.S. Citizen. We both are living in Canada. My income for 2006 was solely in the U.S. and my spouses income was solely in Canada. I have several questions relating to filing my taxes for 2006. 1. Should I file...

Can I file my returns as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1-B visa from India and been in the US for 90 days in 2004 17 days in 2005 and 130 days in 2006. 51 days in 2007 (and still continue to be here ):) I have a couple of questions.

How to file returns with married status if wife is not present in US. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am at Santa Clara California since 1st Sep 2006 on L1 Visa. My wife suppose to be here on L2 by October, but due to some reason she couldn't make it. So, she will be here by January 18th 2007. Now, with my company I was on payroll with married status. Yesterday I got W2 form and this is my...

On H1 Married and wife in india + filing tax returns... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was in US - California from Oct 30 2005 to Dec 25 2005. For this period, I have W2 from my empoloyer. Now again back in US - Iowa in Feb 10, 2006 and will be here for another 6months. I am married, no children and my wife is in India and will be joining me only in May or June 2006. I got...

Wife on H4, need to file 3 state returns and 1 federal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello There, I am on H1B Work Visa since last 3.5 years now and have been filing tax return as single since last 3 years. I got married on Dec 29th 2005 in India and have marriage certificate from india. My spouse is a Malaysian Citizen born and brought up there. She came to USA on H4...

View more questions Search