Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMu12345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Seagate external hard drive not showing up on d link usb hub
    I have a Seagate ext Go Flex hard drive that only shows up on my Mac Laptop if it is plugged directly into it. I have a D-link USB DUB H7. If I plug the Seagate into that it doesn't show up on my laptop ( although other external drives do. Is there a way to fix this?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
    If the drive dose not have it's own power supply it may not receive enough power to operate wnen hooked to the USB hub especially if the USB hub dose not have an external poert supply. If that is the case plug th drive directly into the computer or get a powered USB hub.
    JMu12345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 02:00 AM
    I think you're right. I have gotten prompts that said something to that effect about power but I didn't know quite what they meant. I didn't know there were such things as "powered" USB hubs. I will check into buying one. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drive usb conector problem? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Please I need your help.I have a external hard drive 250GB WD,but it's not reading in my laptop.The problem is in the hard drive when you put USB ( I think we can call USB CONECTOR)there are 5 wires and one of them has been cut by accidentally, so I think this is reason why is not...

USB/External Hard Drive dilemma [ 2 Answers ]

Which one to buy? I don't know what to get, there are too many options out there. Based on your experience/knowledge, which would you recommend me? For what I've saw, this two are the best options.. 1. Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1TB External USB 2.0 Porgable Hard Drive 2....

Part of External Hard Drive not showing or corrupted [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my external hard drive has 3 partition. After using it only 1 time it quit showing one of the partition. I would like to know how can I recover my files? Or if it is even possible? When I try to stop device it shows all the partition but it says "e" is corrupted and cannot be accessed. Please...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Need a non-USB external hard drive [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to utilize an old (read: OLD) Thinkpad to play .mp3's on my home stereo. Problem is, the laptop doesn't have a USB port. Are there (ok, were there) ext h-d's that weren't USB dependent, or do I need to find a USB flash card?

View more questions Search