Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sho6516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 07:52 PM
    CPU won't recognize Cd/DVD drives
    I had a CD Bruner as my master and a DVD ROM as my slave drive. I pulled out my CD burner and replaced it with a CD/DVD burner. NOw it will not recognize any of my drives. I have tried add hardware. I have tried to disconnect my slave and only have my master. I can't seem to get it to recognize any of my drives. Can onyone help please? Thank you.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Check that the ribbon cable is inserted with the correct orientation.

The red stripe (could be blue) on one side the cable denotes Pin 1. It should face the power connector.
    vapper Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 03:26 PM
    OK first off did you use the new ide cable that came with your dvd drive? The new standard is an 80 wire cable. If you just used your old cable chances are it won't recognize the new drive. Second have you uninstalled any burining software? Sometimes when you uninstall something like nero, it has made changes in your reg. that will cause you comp to not recognize your drives. Try removing the upper and lower filters in the registry. # Remove the Upper and Lower values from the following registry path To open the registry, go to start, then run, then type regedit. Then hit OK. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Control\Class \{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} * Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key by double clicking it. * Expand the SYSTEM Key * Expand the CurrentControlSet Key * Expand the Control Key * Expand the Class Key * Highlight the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} key * Locate the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values in the right pane * Collapse all open registry keys and close the registry editor Restart computer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't recognize cd/dvd drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Sometimes my computer will not recognize my cd/dvd drive . When it doesn't recognize the drive its like it lost power. The door want open, no light will light up.I ckecked to see if my computer showed my other drives, and it does just not cd/dvd drive. I can shut down my...

Problem Reading CD DVD drives [ 7 Answers ]

HELP! I have a problem, it maybe a Nero premium 7 related problem, but when I uninstall it it doesn't fix it. I have a cd drive, a dvd drive, and two virtual cd drives set up on my computer, but yesterday my computer would not recognise them. I checked for answers already, most said hard ware...

Recognize external hard drives. [ 8 Answers ]

OilMan6 :confused: 31 October 2005 0630 Hrs. SUBJECT: Both computers will not recognize three new external hard drives. How do I give these three hard drives the values of G:, H:, and I:?

XP refuses to read my CD/DVD drives [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I put in a CD into my DVD drive, it won't autoplay. I have 2 drives, DVD and CDRW, and both suffer from the same problem. The only way to get autoplay working is by leaving the CD in the drives and restarting the computer. The other way is to continually pop the cd drive in and out...

View more questions Search