Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tboneq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 03:01 PM
    pine seedlings stats problem
    Investigators planted pine seedlings in a greenhouse in either full light or light reduced to 5% of normal by shade cloth to determine how well these pines grow in shade. At the end of the study, they dried the young trees and weighed them.
    I. What is the population?
    II. What is the sample?
    III. Is the study observational or experimental? Justify your answer.
    IV. If observational, identify ALL variables. If experimental, identify ALL independent and dependent variables.
    V. For each of the variables identified in part IV, list which of the four levels/scales of measurement was used to obtain data on these variables?
    VI. Classify each of the variables identified in part IV as either attribute or numerical.
    tboneq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Construct a grouped frequency distribution for the following 28 scores using a class
    Construct a grouped frequency distribution for the data given below:
    42 46 52 50 54 51 51 49 54 42
    55 49 53 50 55 41 53 52 47 45
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Please refer to this announcement

Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stats homework problem -- percentage [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that the average annual salary for a worker in the United States is $28,500 and that the annual salaries for Americans are normally distributed with a standard deviation equal to $6,250. Find the following: (A) What percentage of Americans earn below $18,000? (B) What percentage of...

Pine tree seedlings are dying [ 2 Answers ]

I recently sprouted some pine tree seeds which did very well for several weeks even after I separated them into separate containers. Now, about half of them are folding over at the top as though they are drying out and curling up. I've been careful to keep them moist and give them sunshine. ...

View more questions Search