Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hummingnoise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Humming noise when water is running
    I recently had a pressure reducing valve replaced. Since then I hear a humming or even a howling sound whenever I turn on any water source. Even when the toilet is filling, it hums or howls. As soon as I turn the water off, the sound stops. The sound is loud. I checked the pressure and it is only aroun 50psi. I would appreciate any help.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Either you have a bad prv or the main valve is not open all the way. Is the prv installed in the right direction? There is a directional arrow on it.
    inrohit28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 10:57 PM
    I have same problem. I had pressure of 150PSI. I figured PRV is gone. I recently changed my PRV at the front inlet. Water pressure is 60 PSI. but, I am now getting humming noise when I turn on any faucet in the house. What is wrong?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Electric furnace humming even when not running [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about an electric heater I just got. It is a Dayton model TYV14, 240 volt, 38 amp, 9.2kwh. It seems to be working OK, thermostat is OK, but the question I have is should it make a humming sound, even when not in a heating/blowing cycle? There is a very quiet hum...

Mysterious humming noise in the house [ 113 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you folks can help me. Recently, we have been hearing a loud, low frequency "hum" throughout our house. I have turned the main power off to determine whether it's electrical. It's not. The noise does sound like a "fog horn" going off several blasts at a time and the noise level...

Noise from water lines. (humming) [ 1 Answers ]

We had redone 1 bathroom and had a little noise start up in the lines after completion. When the water was turned on it would make like humming noise. Then we redid the second bathroom and the noise happens when we turn on the water anywhere in the house. And it is louder than it has been before.

Noise when flushing toilet and when running water [ 1 Answers ]

I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator.. What is a regulator? Many thanks!

View more questions Search