Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Apples, Pears and Pesticides.
    In your opinion, is it best to peel apples and pears before eatting them because of the pesticides? Or would just washing them, in your opinion, be sufficient?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhouse30 View Post
    In your opinion, is it best to peel apples and pears before eatting them because of the pesticides? Or would just washing them, in your opinion, be sufficient?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Washing them well is nutritionallt better... most of the vitamens are in the skin.
    Samaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2012, 09:05 AM
    I heard soaking them in little salt water helps in removing pesticides from skin and to some extent from within fruit or vegetable.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 6, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Pesticides will just soak in the fruit. So your really doing more harm then good by cutting skin off. So a wash would be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Milo bought pounds of red apples and pounds of green apples to make applesauce. [ 4 Answers ]

How many pounds of apples did he buy in all?

Why are pears on my trees bitter and not ripening? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been several frosts already and my pears have never ripened on trees. Even those that windfall are not seeming ripe as I remember pears from my apst yellow ones on ground with bees going after the sweet flesh. Not so here. Bartlett and d'Anjou and possibly seckel pears. The bartlett have...

What is a children's movie about apples or worms that would highlight apples [ 1 Answers ]

What is a children's movie about apples or worms

Chimical Pesticides [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think that chemical pesticides benefits out weigh the disadvantages or not?

View more questions Search