Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
    In a divorce if my name is on the deed but not the mortgage am I still entitled to ha
    My husband has been cheating and wants a divorce.I'm on the Deed to our house but not the mortgage.Am I still entitled to half of the home settlement?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Where you are located does make a difference to the answer; some locations make it 50/50. As his spouse you are entitled, but where are you living ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on the deed but not the mortgage, in divorce can I be asked to move? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are not together but we still live in our home. I am not on the mortgage but my name is on the deed. The court suggests that we sell the home. He is willing to move out until the divorce is final but who gets the home. I can't pay for it. Can he be made to pay the mortgage for...

My name is not on the deed or mortgage am I entitled to half because we`re married [ 3 Answers ]

I want a divorce but the mortgage and deeds are only in my husbands name. We have two daughters. I want to know what I`m entitled to I need to provide for my children but I don`t want to live in that house he would refuse to leave anyway it has never really been my "home"!

Divorce and My Name Not On Deed/Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

When my husband purchased our condo I assumed that my name was on the deed/mortgage. Upon looking through the paper work I found that it was not, and that it also stated that my husband was an unmarried man. He keeps telling me that it doesn't matter and should he pass it will automatically go to...

Divorce: Name on deed not on mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

My name is not on the mortgage but its on the deed. My husband and I are getting a divorce and told me I have no right and I will have to move out.

Divorce - wife not on mortgage or deed [ 6 Answers ]

I've been married 4 years. I purchased a home 2 months ago (while still married). My wife is not on the mortgage loan or deed. We are now in the process of a divorce. She does not work. Does she have any rights to the home and can she actually end up with it even though she is not on the loan...

View more questions Search