Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Vocal cat in heat
    My cat is in heat and is meowing(roaring) all through the night. Also she goes into heat cycles very irregularly. She will have a 7 day cycle of heat then be clear for a few days and then start up again. After this cycle is done then she is good for a few weeks then she goes again. Is this normal in a cat!! Please advise on what I can do to make her quiet down in the night. She meows infrequently during the day (she makes an odd trilling noise instead) but at night she meows loudly all night. I realize that cats are nocturnal but this is nuts! A friend said to toss her into a cold shower or bath. I have done this and it works for a few hours while she dries her fur but I am hesitant to continue this treatment. I think that continued cold wettings may be injurious to her health as they are cold and we are in the midst of a canadian winter. She is an indoor cat but she could still get chilled easily. To make up for the nasty cold wetting I will allow her to cuddle under the blankets with me to get warm and dry. My fiancée and I are at our wits end with poor Kitty. I don't know what to do with her anymore. We love her and don't want to get rid of our affectionate Kitty but I can't sleep and my job performance is falling. In my career, (sign installer) I work at great heights and with heavy objects that could cause death of myself and others on site. I can't let my alertness drop at work. Please help me curb Kitty's meowing somehow. She is really affectionate to both myself and my guy and we love her but we may have to let her go to the SPCA if this keeps up. I don't want to do this.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Airbats, please do not throw the cat into a cold shower. That really is not a good solution. If you want to end this behavior completely, you need to call a vet and schedule her to be spayed. Once she is spayed, you will have no worries. It is the kindest and most humane thing you can do for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

View more questions Search