Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carl23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Few options
    Is it possible you can tell me why there are virtually no options that I can change via the BIOS in my netbook computer apart from enabling or disabling the USB connectivity there are no other user changeable options. I realise the small size and the minimalist hardware spec and setup limit the user's ability to tweak, but the lack of the more obvious features that you will find on a desktop PC or even a medium spec laptop leaves me unable to re-configure the major components almost entirely.
    The model is a (MSI) branded 'Advent' 4211c, running off an atom n270 1.6ghz cpu with 1 gig RAM, 120 gig HD, a Realtek wireless module with integrated intel 945 graphics and operated on windows XP. It is an old model 2008, however if you have any suggestions I would be extremely grateful. Thank you, Carl UK.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 15, 2012, 06:25 PM
    What are you wanting to change?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
    What key are you using to access the BIOS.

Pressing the Del key should take you to the BIOS screen.

Try updating the BIOS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Other Options Do I Have and Which Options Should I Choose? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I just happened to came across this site and was wondering if any members here might be able to help me with this problem of mine. I am a mild mannered Malaysian Chinese (can't speak any Chinese languages fluently), 23 years old and I graduated roughly two years back (at 21 years old). I...

What are my options? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the skinny: I have 2 properties, 1 was an investement which from the looks of it is going to go south. I am also in a situation that will cause me to possibly not be able to afford or pay for the property I am living in now, and with a baby on the way, it seems to be getting a lot more...

What are my options [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have been married for over 20 years and things have been at the worst these last 2years in my marriage my wife is a diabetic and I want a divorce she is a very possive person and has many mood swings she is always accussing me of things that I'm not doing. I really want a divorce but don't...

Options? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an ajustable rate mortgage 2 years ago. The rate was 7.3%, which, at the time was the best I could get with my bad credit. Now, the rate has jumped to 10.3% and I'm being told it will jump to 13.3% in another 6 months. I already could barely afford the payments before the first jump...

View more questions Search