Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rudze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 09:16 AM
    How can I help my 3 year old child to talk
    How can I help my 2 years 10 month old boy to talk, he doesn't talk at the moment, he only sings, he likes music so much, he is always watching music on TV, if I change the channel for him to watch the cartoons, he always change the channel back to music
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Then sing your conversations with him!

Do you notice any other problems with his behavior?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Perhaps try getting him involved in other activities other than watching TV. Unplug the TV and leave it off for several days.

Take him outside for walks, look at books together, set a playdate if you have a friend or family member with young children, play singing games with him... such as patty-cake or itsty bitsy spider, fingerpaint with pudding, make playdough together, kick or roll a ball back and forth, color in a coloring book together, build with blocks, etc. All the while you are talking, pointing to things and saying the name, color, shape, number of, etc.
    wop48 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Is this something new or has he never talked.
    Asking this because I know a couple with the same issue.
    They found out from a doctor that their child could not hear well enough to actually learn to talk but did hear the beat from music. Their child had tubes put in his ears and eventually got better and now only needs hearing aids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year old won't talk [ 5 Answers ]

My son is over 2 years old and just seems like he does not want to talk. I am desperate, may daughter is 3 and she starting to talking before she was 1 year old. Any sugegstions?

My 3 1/2 year old won't talk [ 14 Answers ]

My 3 1/2 year old won't talk. The only word he says clearly is MOMMA. When do children start talking? Could there be any problems going on that I don't know about that I need to? What do I need to do to help him?

How to get my 3 year old to talk? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Reader, My Husband just got custody of his 3 year old son and he is behind on a few things, one of them being verbal communication. He comprehends the questions we ask him by making head/body movements. However, the one and only word he does know is NO! This poor child has been bounced...

My 3 year old does not talk [ 3 Answers ]

I have her in sppech therapy Nobody wants to disgnose with autism . What should I do

View more questions Search