Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgtm23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Air conditioning compressor
    Looking for ballpark figures... how much would a compressor for a 2005 outdoor home unit cost? How much to replace entire A/C assembly? How about labor for a reputable and well-qualified technician?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtm23 View Post
    Looking for ballpark figures...how much would a compressor for a 2005 outdoor home unit cost? How much to replace entire A/C assembly? How about labor for a reputable and well-qualified technician?
    No ballpaks figures here since Parts,labor, and other items are area specific. Labor here might be 100.00 per hour and labor in your area might be 50.00 per hour. Same thing with parts make up. Your best bet is to get at least two local estimates and three estimates is even better. This way you will know exactly what the cost will be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far can an air conditioning compressor be away from the house? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a house in the country and do not want to hear or see the hvac compressor. We would like to place it about 150 feet away from the house. Is that possible?

Air conditioning compressor fan won't turn on. Compressor hums [ 3 Answers ]

Fan is now turning after I nudged it with a screwdriver. However, air is not cooling.

Air conditioning compressor [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioning compressor is burnt out. I was told that replacing the compressor is an issue as the residual burnt oil in the system might burn the new compressor out prematurely. What are the chances of this happening and how prematurely might it happen. ...

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

Air conditioning compressor [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, Last night my air conditioning compressor stopped working. It will engage, it wants to work but the fan just will not go. It is Sunday 99 degrees and was wondering if there mioght be something I can do to fix this problem? Thank you so much!!

View more questions Search