Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    netter02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Electric water heater
    I am turning an electric water heater on in a summer cabin. What do I need to do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by netter02 View Post
    I am turning an electric water heater on in a summer cabin. What do I need to do?
    First I would make sure its full of water... then flush out any sediments from the bottom valve by opening it for long enough to assure all stagnant water is flushed from the system and that water pipes AFTER turning on the main water valve to the cabin... THEN I would turn it back on (the water heater).
    netter02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 08:27 PM
    How do I make sure it is full of water?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Turn the water on and see if water comes out of the hot faucet. If it does, you have water in the tank. Make sure to flush the system and then turn on the breaket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I installed a new electric water heater. Now the water fades from hot to cold [ 5 Answers ]

New water heater installed old one was a 30 gal new one is 40 gal. when I run the hot and cold it fades between the hot and cold. I lost some water pressure but not a lot. Can anyone suggest what can be causing this?

State select electric water heater not heating water as well. [ 2 Answers ]

My water heater has recently started acting up. It does not heat like it use to. It only heats about half the water it usually does. I never have a problem with it turning off or the high temp switch never has to be reset. It is about 6 years old and have never had a problem with it before. I...

I have an all electric home and want to replace electric hot water heater with electr [ 2 Answers ]

We have a total electric home and want to replace the old water heater with an electric tankless whole house hot water heater. Gas is not available where we are. Is it practical?

Reduced water pressure after changing the electric water heater (Rheem 50L) ? [ 2 Answers ]

We've just had our water heater changed yesterday and there appears to be a marked reduction in the water pressure not only in the shower but also in in the fauctes in our apartment ? All the fittings are the same except as the inlet was slightly higher than on the original unit, we have had to...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

View more questions Search