Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foodcake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
    How to correct color on freshly permed hair?
    Let me start my saying that two weeks ago I went to a Salon to get my hair permed as I have really thin straight hair and curl it all the time to get some volume. What I was expecting to get from the perm is not what I got. I hate the perm. On top of that, my stylist said that I would need to get my hair colored right after the perm to keep the red out of my brown hair. (as I hate red) So after the perm she colored my hair. I went home from the salon that night and hated the texture of the perm and found that I had red in my hair anyway. So being that it was the weekend and the Salon is closed on Sunday's, I called and was complaining to my fiance's sister, who is also a hair dresser, she said that she could put some color in my hair with some ash and that would take care of the red. So I had her do that, now my brown hair is now black. I absolutely hate the black permed hair. I wish that I had never went to get the perm in the first place.

I would like to know what I can do to reverse what I have done in both the color and perm. Help! If I can only do one over the other, then I would rather correct the color than the perm right now, as I have been blow drying my hair straight.
    christian48 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foodcake
    Let me start off my saying that two weeks ago I went to a Salon to get my hair permed as I have really thin straight hair and curl it all the time to get some volume. What I was expecting to get from the perm is not what I got. I hate the perm. On top of that, my stylist said that I would need to get my hair colored right after the perm to keep the red out of my brown hair. (as I hate red) So after the perm she colored my hair. I went home from the salon that night and hated the texture of the perm and found that I had red in my hair anyway. So being that it was the weekend and the Salon is closed on Sunday's, I called and was complaining to my fiance's sister, who is also a hair dresser, she said that she could put some color in my hair with some ash and that would take care of the red. So I had her do that, now my brown hair is now black. I absolutely hate the black permed hair. I wish that I had never went to get the perm in the first place.

I would like to know what I can do to reverse what I have done in both the color and perm. Help! If I can only do one over the other, then I would rather correct the color than the perm right now, as I have been blow drying my hair straight.
    You are suppose to wait two-three weeks before coloring hair after a perm. Since you have to wait 24-48 hours to wash your hair after a new perm. Everything will just strip everything. Try a new color after 4 weeks from today. Good luck.
    blessmendeed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Hello,
    I just came out of a weave and perm my hair and put a rinse in it. It is week and dry.
    What do you recommend that I do to strengthen my hair and give it some life back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How Often Can I Color My Hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of getting rid of blonde hair and have colored it a nice medium brown/auburn color (Preference by L'Oreal). After about 3 weeks, the old blonde starts showing through and I don't like the way it looks. Is it safe to re-color after 3 weeks while I'm growing my hair out, or do I...

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I Colored My Hair Lastnite And Added Highlights, Needless To Say It Didn't Turn Out How It Was Suppose To. Is It Safe To Re-color Today?

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

At a beauty salon I asked for just a streak of pink in my bangs. Well I got a chunk. How can I take the pink out?

View more questions Search