Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chastity0610 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 03:00 AM
    Have to remove my undrivable car from the tow yard until insurance comes to see it
    An 80 year old woman hit the side of my van after driving through a stop sign. At the scene I was not given her name or insurance, only a card from police with an incident number. I called my insurance co the same day. I only have liability though. The other driver has state farm insurance. I found this out from googling her with the help of my insurance co. It's been 8 days with out word. I call state farm, but they say they didn't even know I exsisted... until I found them!! OMG I am going nuts. When I talked to state farm, they say I have to remove my car from tow yard, even though it is not drivable, because it has been more than a reasonable time, even though they haven't looked at it. Her car is parked almost next to mine, and they haven't looked at hers yet either. The police report is finally done, after 7 days, but I have been told if I want a copy it will cost $15. I am broke from paying people to drive me to work, and missing work. I called my insurance co and they still don't have a copy of the report. HELP!!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 4, 2012, 04:09 AM
    YOUR insurance company is the one you should be pounding on desks. It's their job to go after State Farm. If there are no desks to pound on locally, then get on the phone.

It will be cheaper to have your van towed than to pay the daily lot fee, I imagine. Keep paperwork on everything and a log of all phone calls in case you want to sue in small claims over and above insurance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2012, 05:36 AM
    You have no obligation to "move" your car, sounds like a trick from State Farm, ( don't know what or why, perhaps to claim there was more damage done in moving it)

They are liable for your towing and storage fees till it is either fixed or totaled out.

So call them and tell them that you cannot move the car till there has been a settlement on the car, and that if they want it moved, they may pay for it to be moved to a location where they are going to pay for it to be fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi, AAA had a Tow Service tow my car, and they destroyed my transmission. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, AAA had a Tow Service tow my car, and they destroyed my transmission. They had me tow it to my mechanic, who is an Expert Witness for the Los Angeles Supreme Court in re: Automotive cases, and he confirmed it was due to their tow driver slipping the cable wrong. They dragged their feet for FIVE...

Can my husband remove my name off our car insurance policy? [ 2 Answers ]

My narcissistic husband (whom I am TRYING to divorce! ) - threatens me constantly. Today's threat was that he's taking me off his car insurance policy and taking my license plates off and returning them to MV. (We've been trying to get separated for a few years, long story - but the truth is,...

Tow truck damaged my car [ 10 Answers ]

I signd a receipt not realizing the disclaimer was on the bottom. It was to small and I was distracted. Not to mentioned that I was told that if there were any damages to my vehicle just to bring it back.could I still fight this in small claims court?

View more questions Search