Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mithun_s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 11:44 PM
    F1 student for "student contract" position in Federal Government Agency
    Hi Friends,

I am an international F1 student (Indian) and got six months "student research contract" position in an agency of the federal government of the United States. What my employers need is to register in Central Contractor Registry(CCR) as sole-proprietor and proceed to obtain the DUNS number.

As far as I understand, we F1 students are not allowed to take up any contract job to maintain legal F1 status. Is that right?

This research job I am going to do is going extactly to be my thesis.

I contacted my International Student Advisor with all the documents I received from my employer and according to the Intrenational student advisor, It is a wonderful offer and I will not have any problem in accepting the offer.

So I accepted the offer and got my DUNS # too. I got my new I-20 which states that I can work on this contract position 40 hours during summer.

Under these situations, Am I really eligible to work. If so, how can I pay my taxes as my employer does not provide a W2 form.

I appreciate any help/suggestions/directions on this matter as I am overly concerned about maintaining a lawful F1 status while getting my PhD degree.

Thank you all in advance
    Mithu

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Carrier furnace fan not working in "on" position [ 0 Answers ]

My 10 year old Carrier furnace fan will only work when in heat or a/c mode, not when in "on" mode on the thermostat. Even when in "on" mode it acts as if it's in "auto" mode when heat/ac is on. It previously was running continuously in "on" mode, but stopped a few months ago. What could be the...

Faucet diverter stuck in "shower" position [ 3 Answers ]

The diverter on my tub faucet is stuck in the shower position. Actually, the diverter knob comes out of the faucet. When I turn on the water it automatically comes out of the shower head. I can't get it to come out of the faucet. Is there a way to disassemble the faucet and fix the diverter, or...

Is a "Government Tracer" job a scam or what? [ 6 Answers ]

http://www.miprefunds.net/ Can you please tell me if this job is legitimate or if it is some sort of scam. Also is it true that this job is "easy" or are there some sort of pitafalls or things they are not revealing? Thanks.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.