Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savanna202 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 03:31 PM
    How long does it take to get braces after you go see the ortho?
    Hmm, so I need braces really bad. A few of my teeth are crooked like the last three teeth on each row of my top teeth. And they're shaped exactly alike. I also need braces to fix my over bite. No one thinks there is anything wrong with my teeth until I smile or show them. So I just need to know, how much time does it take? I don't mean as in how long it takes to get them put in your mouth, but as in how long will it take for me to go make an appointment and when would be the day I get them? (I kind of messed this up, I'm half sleep).
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Honestly, it depends on your time schedule and how busy your orthodontist is. You'll have to get a general appointment first to determine how long the treatment might take, then you'll probably have another appointment where they take pictures of your facial structure and teeth, then they'll talk to you and your parents about what they'll do, then they'll make molds of your teeth, and then they'll probably set up the appointment where you get your braces. My braces problem was really messed up and complex, so I didn't get my braces until three years later. But since you just have crooked teeth and an overbite, I'm guessing it'll take you anywhere from 1-6 months.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Depends on your area, You dentist and how busy they are. The issue here is your first ( of many appointments) may take 2 to 6 weeks to get into them. After that the first visit will just be an exam. Most likely you will go back a couple more visits to be fitted. And then back a few more times for adjustments.
    savanna202 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Okay, thank you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Approx how long will I need to wear my braces? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been wearing my braces for 13 months. My treatment time is 18-24 months. On August 20th I had elastics put on. When I went to the orthadontist, one of the people there measured my overbite and wrote on a paper "20%". I don't know what this means but it may be helpful to anyone who can answer...

Amoxicillin and Ortho-Cyclen taken together [ 1 Answers ]

One more question! :) I am currently on Amoxicillin cap 500 MG for a bladder infection. I am also taking birth control (Sprintec tab 0.25/0.035 generic for Ortho-Cyclen tab). When I picked up my antibiotic my pharmacist said that the Amoxicillin will interfere with my birth control for the rest...

Problems w/ortho treatment [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is at the final stage (Phase II) of her braces. Her doctor was going to take off her braces when I brought up the problem that I see in her. She has now protuded lips, gummier smile and her lips don't meet. I have taken her to different orthodontontist for second opinions. Two of them...

View more questions Search