Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlaine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Art picture
    I have 2 etchings by Paul Wood of the Paris Etching Society of US, they were purchased in 1942 and are in excellent condition, like new. They were a wedding present. Are they worth keeping or selling?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:34 AM
    charlaine, do you like your etchings? If so, then you should keep them. If you can't stand them, sell them.

If your question is based upon whether they are worth anything, it all depends on quality, size, and if they are a set. Etchings are really not an art form that appreciates readily. If you would like to price them, check e-bay and see what etchings are selling for. You can also take a look at this web site: Kovels.com - FREE antiques and collectibles resources, price guide information.. You might be able to get an idea of the price range from it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    Produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picture art [ 1 Answers ]

Where and what type of coloring inks are used to add color to black/white photographs

Art [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, But I miss typed the initials on my question. It should have been SZL. My etching are done by artist "Charlot". There is one "T" in Charlot. I have two, titles are ON THE HILL and IN AVEYRON, FRANCE. They are house scene. Appreciate any help on value and any other information. ...

Art [ 7 Answers ]

Where can I get some good colored pensils?

View more questions Search