Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vsaskme73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Tenant in common died... legal heirs are unreachable
    I want to resolve the title issue. Here are the facts.

• I’m the sole borrower of the mortgage for the Condominium property located in VA where I’m living with my family.
    • Uncle made an investment of 5% down payment along with me, he lived in CA and deceased, he is on the title as a co-owner “tenant-in-common” in return to his investment.
    • I’m the one who pays the mortgages, escrow, hoa and all other expenses from my pocket.
    • He is survived by a wife and 4 children (all are major). They are all non US Citizens and non residents and are living in different country.

• I tried to resolve the title issue amicably by offering some money though the property is deep under water in the current bad market. They neither co-operated nor responded to my offer.

Any one know the similar issue and it's resolution.
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Tenant in Common Vesting [ 1 Answers ]

I read your article with interest. I am a senior citizen on a low, fixed income, a CHP widow's pension. I have looked into my mother's assets. Her home's deed is vested: Her Name, Tenant-in-Common, and Her Grand daugher's Name, Joint Tenancy. There is no percentages written in the vesting. Do I...

Tenant died - now what? [ 4 Answers ]

We rented our condo four months ago to an excellent tenant (a single gentleman) with a MTM lease, holding one month’s rent as a security deposit. Today, we received a letter from an attorney who is “probating estate upon his demise earlier this month.” It further states that the family has...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.