Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    need2ask Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

May 1, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Husband was told by PO to file for early termination. What form does he file?
    My husband served 20 years in the Federal Penitentry and has been on parole over six years. His PO has told him that since he has not even been in contact with law Enforcement etc, since his release in 2006, to file for early termination and He will also recommend by letter that his supervision be terminated. What forms do I need to file this?
    Thanks for a quick response,
    K.L.

May 1, 2012, 06:45 AM
    Goes with first question
    He was sentanced in a Florida court. I don't know if that matters?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 1, 2012, 06:58 AM
    This is not a blog site so you need to type this question at the bottom of your original post so folks can follow it.

May 1, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    This is not a blog site so you need to type this question at the bottom of your original post so folks can follow it.
    Sorry. I had already clicked the submit button before I realized that knowing the State he was sentenced in might be of relevance.
    It's obvious I'm new to this site.
    I actually thought I might get an answer from someone that has been through something similar or in the legal field.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Coincidentally, a similar question was asked here, a few days ago.

Since it is a Federal Case, many forms are similar across the county. I'm thinking that this form might be the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by need2ask View Post
    He was sentanced in a Florida court. I don't know if that matters?
    If he was in Federal custody, he must have been sentenced by a Federal court in Florida. Right? There is more than one Federal district in Florida. Do you know which one? Sometimes they have local forms.

May 1, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Coincidentally, a similar question was asked here, a few days ago.

Since it is a Federal Case, many forms are similar across the county. I'm thinking that this form might be the one you want.

If he was in Federal custody, he must have been sentenced by a Federal court in Florida. Right? There is more than one Federal district in Florida. Do you know which one? Sometimes they have local forms.
    His trial was in Tampa which is the Middle district of Florida the judge was Elizabeth Kovacavich I'm sure the last name is misspelled.Its been over 20 yrs. We don't even know if she is stiill alive. I hope that it is not a local form?

May 1, 2012, 08:19 AM
    His trial was in Tampa which is the Middle district of Florida the judge was Elizabeth Kovacavich I'm sure the last name is mispelled.Its been over 20 yrs. We don't even know if she is stiill alive. I hope that it is not a local form??
    He has been out on parole since 2006. He is not in custody. That form was filled out by him when he was in prison. That was how he got his sentences parolable from parolable.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Hello n:

Forms, schmorms... You don't need a stinkin form.. It can be done with a letter.

Being eligible for early release and how to apply, and being eligible for a TRANSFER and how to apply, are VERY similar... Go read this. It's a treatise on HOW to apply for a transfer within the federal system... The METHOD you'll use is the same...

Look. Applying for a release because you're a nice guy will be LAUGHED at. You should certainly KNOW how that having served 20 years... Nope, you're not going to ASK them for sh1t. You're going to TELL them that you MEET the criteria for early release, so it SHOULD be granted...

Send your letter CERTIFIED, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the judge, the prosecutor, your PO, and anybody else who has an interest in the legal proceedings.

Kick a$$.

excon
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 09:27 AM
    His trial was in Tampa which is the Middle district of Florida the judge was Elizabeth Kovacavich I'm sure the last name is mispelled.Its been over 20 yrs. We don't even know if she is stiill alive. I hope that it is not a local form??
    Kovachevich. Looks like she is still on the bench. United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Hello lawyer,

She MAY have a recommendation to make, but her interest is strictly advisory. The decision is up to the U.S. Parole Commission.

Franky, it may be BETTER to NOT include her.

excon

May 1, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello n:

Forms, schmorms... You don't need a stinkin form.. It can be done with a letter.

Being eligible for early release and how to apply, and being eligible for a TRANSFER and how to apply, are VERY similar... Go read this. It's a treatise on HOW to apply for a transfer within the federal system... The METHOD you'll use is the same...

Look. Applying for a release because you're a nice guy will be LAUGHED at. You should certainly KNOW how that having served 20 years... Nope, you're not gonna ASK them for sh1t. You're gonna TELL them that you MEET the criteria for early release, so it SHOULD be granted...

Send your letter CERTIFIED, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the judge, the prosecutor, your PO, and anybody else who has an interest in the legal proceedings.

Kick a$$.

excon
    My husband has no need to transfer probation or parole. He has been out since Feb. 2006 as I said earlier. Thank you for trying to give me advise but I think the Lawyer knows what he is talking about right now. I read what you attached but we are in no need of it. Thank you anyway.
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 10:20 AM
    My husband has no need to transfer probation or parole. Thank you for trying to give me advise but I think the Lawyer knows what he is talking about right now. I read what you attached but we are in no need of it. Thank you anyway.
    Hello again, need:

You're welcome... But, you missed the point... The lawyer is my friend, but he does NOT know about federal POST conviction law. First off, it looks to me like he's sending you to the judge for relief. Uhhh, there ain't NO relief there. Lawyers are very good at PRE-conviction stuff, but only a person who's BEEN there and DONE that knows...

My point in having you read my link, was to have you ASK the parole commission and/or his PO for the POLICY and PROCEDURES MANUAL dealing with early release... There IS a manual. It DOES set out the criteria for early release. You need to KNOW what that is. IF he FITS it, and you know how to word your request/demand, they CANNOT refuse him. If you DON'T know that stuff, and you ASK, pretty please, can I be let go now, it'll NEVER HAPPEN..

excon
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Hello again, need:

No, I'm not done. I KNOW your husband doesn't want to remember, but ask him what the FIRST word out of their mouth was when he asked for anything, like a fork, or a jacket, or a sheet. The answer was NO! NO was good enough for MOST convicts, too. They slinked away wondering why that cop was so pissed off..

Well, it wasn't good enough for me. The Bureau of Prisons has procedures manuals for EVERYTHING. Of course, they don't want your husband or you to read 'em. Then you'd find out how bad you're REALLY being screwed. But, they can't stop you from getting these manuals. All you got to do is ask.

It DOES help when you know the rules. Try this address:

U.S. Parole Commission
    90 K Street, N.E.
    Third Floor
    Washington, D.C. 20530

excon

May 1, 2012, 10:27 PM
    .Thank you, I see where your coming from now,
    k.L
    Expert

May 2, 2012, 04:49 AM
    ... The lawyer is my friend, but he does NOT know about federal POST conviction law. ...
    This is true.

It DOES help when you know the rules. Try this address:

U.S. Parole Commission
    90 K Street, N.E.,
    Third Floor
    Washington, D.C. 20530

excon
    Or download forms, manuals, and stuff here.

May 2, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Hello lawyer,

She MAY have a recommendation to make, but her interest is strictly advisory. The decision is up to the U.S. Parole Commission.

Franky, it may be BETTER to NOT include her.

excon
    I'm only doing the foot work cause my husband works full time. But thanks excon for your help. My husband thanks you too... (DWB kenny)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Ohio - how to file for early termination of probation in? [ 1 Answers ]

Does Hamilton County, Ohio grant Early Termination of Probation? If so, what are the requirements and procedures?

Can I file as a resident and still file a 1040-S form? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am not entirely sure if I am a resident or non-resident, but it seems I may be the former. However, for this year my employer didn't withhold any federal taxes and I planned to file a 1042-S. Is this a problem/contradiction - to claim tax treaty benefits while filing as a resident? Many...

Forgot to file the Form 8843 for 2007. Can I still file it? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I think I need to clarify the question about this. I was in the US from July 2006 to July 2007 with F-1 student visa. I again came back to the U.S. in August 2008 with J-1 trainee visa. I started to prepare for the tax return document (but actually I only need to pay the income...

File W-7 form without tax return and why to file as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

I came to USA in August 2004 on F1 Visa. I graduated and change status to H1b visa from October 2007. Now, I got married and my hasband came to USA on January 2008 on H4 visa. I have my brothers whom I can claim as they have green card and not earning anything. I will have to wait till May 2008...

View more questions Search