Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hopeful1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Too smart for a relationship?
    I have been dating this wonderful guy for about 9 months. By wonderful, I mean he is extremely intelligent, driven, funny, conversational, and pretty good looking.

We began dating during the early summer and everything was amazing. Up until we started dating, I really hadn't considered getting married and having kids -- he changed all of that. We were good friends before dating and I wasn't rushing things. We talked about all sorts of things ranging from politics to childhood.

I did however break one of my "rules" to not date men that were 1) attending the same university 2) enrolled in the same engineering school. We also work together on a regular basis for university related business. To keep the rumor mill under control and our personal/business lives separate, we kept our relationship between us for about 6 months.

So now 9 months later, after he astounded me with a beautiful diamond promise ring several months ago, he is showing NO interest in me whatsoever! I'm heartbroken. I have talked to him very openly about how I feel -- invisible and like I'm just one of his guy friends. I have cried. I have stormed. Now, I'm back to almost crying.

We are both extremely busy, but I am willing to make time to see him. Is he too smart to have a girlfriend? Our relationship was so perfect in the beginning and now I think he's trying to push me away. Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-ignite his desire to see me? I don't have any idea what it could be and really don't know what to do next. Did I fall in love too fast? :confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Many men have a problem with taking the female for granted, after we get them. Time for the two of you to talk as communications is what will help you both understand where this is headed to, and HOW it will get there. Don't be confused, now is the time for questions and answers.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
    I am not sure I feel confident enough to comment on this without more information on what he responsed with when you talked about it. Does he acknowledge that he is suddenly different and explained in some way that you don't believe or is he not even acknowledging it? Its important to know where the problem is exactly to know how to offer any information that would be useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probably not a smart thing but... [ 2 Answers ]

I need to power a camera but there isn't any power near by. It is 2 prong connection. Exactly where I need the power is a speaker cable with the other end right near a wall outlet. I am tempted to connect the speaker cable to a socket and plug to power my camera. Looking at the cable it looks about...

Not too smart [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one tell me where people in Washington DC pay their taxes to.. Is it Maryland. Or?.

Smart valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two questions. I have a Tempstar gas furnace that has a intermittent smart valve issue. It sometimes goes days and works fine and others, it will not open the main gas line. I get an orange glow from the ignitor, but the gas never comes on and the cycle ends after a few tries....

View more questions Search