Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green-eyed_Girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2004, 03:06 PM
    Cheerleading- ANSWER PLEASE
      ;DHey,
                   i'm trying out for my school squad in middle school. I tried out last year and didn't make but my friends did. I'm really flexible, but I REALLY need HELP on my toe- touch and herky!Please I need to improve them!! Also can anyone tell me good facials other than smiles and winks?
    GEcheerBabi00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2004, 03:39 PM
    Re: Cheerleading- ANSWER PLEASE
    Hey! I think there's an easy soulution to your jump problem and that's simply practice. If you take at least 10 minutes everyday and sit in a split and stretch it will help, and after you stretch you should try to do at least 25 jumps of each. Even if they are bad then keep going it will help. But make sure while your jumping point your toes and keep your legs straight. It's a lot easier to get perfect form when your first trying out then it is after you already have a jump. Also if you have access to a trampoline you should try practicing jumps on that because you can get the height that you need and it will help you get a feel of what your jumps should look like.
    As for the facials I would say do anything that comes natural to you. Practice in the mirror lime cute little faces. Also what I found that judges like is if you say some of the words that are in the music, but put attitude to it. And believe it or not judges like it when you wink at them! Just what ever you do Don't STICK OUT YOUR Tongue its not pretty believe me!
    Well I hope this helped you! ;)
    cheer-love Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Hey Green eyed girl.
    The improve you toe touch make sure your prep is very strong and has a lot of bounce. Some good facials to do are winks, huge smiles, mysterious faces and blow kisses.
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
    To improve your toe-touches, you need 2 strech A lot before you throw your jump. Practice on a trampline. Make sure you have strong stomach musules!! 1(do lots of v-ups, leg lifts, and hollow bodies) Also visulize yourself w/ a good jump. You might want to try straping ankle weights 2 your ankles(start w/ 1-2 pounds on each ankle) 2 make your toe-touches higher. Squat jumps also help. Makee sure you smile and point your toes while throwing your jump!! Hope this helped :)
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 4, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Even though the original post is about 3 years old I will respond since it has been brought back to the top.

The information presented here earlier is very good.

I would add that some subtle chin lofts and head nods can be effective as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheerleading: Getting Air [ 2 Answers ]

*~Hey Girls/Guys~* I cheered on my high school JV squad last yr and this year I made varsity! One of our girls had to quit and I was put in her flying job (I had gone up before). My problem is I can pull all of my stunts on the floor 9hell strech, bow and arrow, scorpion, scale) but...

Cheerleading help [ 2 Answers ]

mm...I want to try out for cheerleading...probably in 2 months, 3 months max, but I'm extremely unflexible....any tips? ( I really want this) :-/

Cheerleading [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm new and it's the 3rd day of practice. I can't seem to remember ll of the movements but I can remember all of the words. What should I do?:(

In Need Of An Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Evelyn. I have in my possession a jukebox that may be an interest to a collector but I need to find out info on this jukebox. I have a serial & model numbers.How would I go about obtaining this information? Could you please help me? Thank You, flanjivfur :confused:

View more questions Search