Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetmo Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Period is late, started birth control today. Will this affect my cycle?
    Period is late, started birth control on today. Will my period still come
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 07:56 PM
    Your period will come if you're not pregnant, but since you just started the pill today, there's a chance of pregnancy. Even after being on the pill for months, pregnancy is possible.

I'd take a pregnancy test.
    sweetmo Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 08:00 PM
    I'm not pregnant, I was given pills to help with painful menstrual cramping. I've had tubes tied for 16 yrs.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmo View Post
    I'm not pregnant, I was given pills to help with painful menstrual cramping. I've had tubes tied for 16 yrs.
    That info would have been useful in your original post.

Okay, so you're wondering if starting the pill will delay your period?

If you're already late, it may well delay your period until you're done the first pack and onto the placebos. Most doctors recommend that you start the pill pack after your menstrual cycle. I'm wondering why your doctor recommended that you start it now.

The fact is, it really depends on the type of pill, strength, your body, your cycle, etc. etc.

Best to talk to your doctor about this if you're concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have pregnancy symptoms thought I was started my period today 6day late culd I b pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period six days late I started 4days late in nov its now march my periods has been regular I was on birth control for 8yrs been off for 8months been trying to get pregnant for six month used ovalation calender for march we had sex 4-5 days high fertility and on ovalation days had a lot...

Missed birth control pills, spotting, pregnancy symptoms and late period [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed four or five pills this month I'm on azurette, I spotted about a week ago for a couple days. I'm now two days late for my period, I have had unprotected sex a lot this month and I have been having some pregnancy symptoms from when I have looked up online. Could I be pregnant?

I'm a day late on my period and I take birth control regularly [ 1 Answers ]

I have had sex with my boyfriend since my last period. We do have unprotected sex but he always pulls out. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

Got switched to a new birth control, period is late, negative pregnancy test? [ 0 Answers ]

When I was on my birth control last month I forgot to take it for four days in a row, which made me have my period a week early. When I was finished my period my gyno switched me to a stronger birth control pill called Apri. I have taken those pretty consistently with a few times when I just forgot...

On birth control and late period! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for a long time now. I was off for a while do to money situations but now that I got it back, my period is almost 2 months late! What is going on? I was put on the birth control so that it would regulate my period. I was real heavy for almost 3 months. It was nonstop. I...

View more questions Search