Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbreezy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
    I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 17 is it illegal for us to date!
    We haven't had sex! And I love him with all my heart! I love him so much! I need an answer so I can keep him and prove my parents wrong! Please help me!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2012, 06:39 PM
    There are no laws against dating, but it would be illegal to have sex. However if your parents disapprove and refuse to allow you to date, then it could be illegal for him to defy them.

A 3 year difference at your ages is a pretty wide gap. While I'm sure you believe you do love him, you don't have the experience to truly tell.

Your boyfriend needs to convince your parents that he won't take advantage of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
    You first can not date him unless your parents and his parents will agree.

If there are any sex or any sexual touching it can be illegal. Sounds like your parents are wanting to protect you. Plus for many a 14 year old would not be dating anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal to date a 19 almost 20 year old when your 13 about to be 14? [ 15 Answers ]

Me and this guy hage been talking for a while, and we really like each other and we think its illegal but we are not really sure

Would it be illegal for us to date? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 almost 15, he's 17 almost 18.. is it illegal for us to date?

Is it illegal to date [ 3 Answers ]

Is it illegal to date a 16 year old when your 14?.

Is it illegal for a 13 yr old to date an 18 yr old? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 13 and interested in this guy who's 18. This guy is also interested in me. We both feel the same way about sex (not having it) and I know he means this because I met him through my cousin and we've been hanging out for about a year. I think the relationship is only illegal if were sexually...

View more questions Search