Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlhaak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Mesa Spring plumbing issue.
    I have a plumbing problem where the main line which is a 4" line from the house is not draining properly to the latteral 6" line located approximately 60' away. I am being told by the local plumber that the sewer line does not have enough fall from the house to the latteral line 60" away.

What is the required fall in a 4" sewer line for it to properly drain? Thanks!

Robert Haak
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
    1/8" per foot for a 4 or larger line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing issue [ 1 Answers ]

We had a leak from our kitchen sink, one of the connection pieces to the pipe came off because of shotty work, apparently the entired pipe wasn't sottered or something. Anyway, when this occurred water was flowing from under our kitchen sink and flooded our whole kitchen and dripped down into the...

Plumbing issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem. I have toilets that are clogged, and water is coming up into my bath tubs, and shower. Can anyone tell me what this is, and is it expensive to fix? Thank you.

92 Civic DX SRS light issue after clock spring snafu. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, ... got a 92 Honda Civic DX Sedan. A friend replaced my combo switch a few months back and after that, every time I turned the wheel all the way left, you could hear the clock spring grind. After about a week, the SRS light was intermittent, after another week or so, it was on all...

Plumbing issue [ 7 Answers ]

Here is my situation: The water level in my floor drain in the basement laundry room is too high It overflows when the washing machine drains The toilet in the next room will not flush properly - the water level in the bowl rises, but will not flush away the waste. If I leave the toilet alone,...

View more questions Search