Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannie31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 03:25 PM
    How do I get another person's name off my lease since he moved out?
    I am renting a house with a years lease signed by me and my boyfriend at the time.He moved out and keeps ond breaking in and taking my and my kids things.The police will not do anything about it because he is still on the lease.Also at the time we singed the lease the landlords did not sign it so doesn't that make it not legal?How do we get him off the lease so he has no rights to come in when I am not there.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
    You need to ask your landlord if he can take him off the lease. If not, then all you can do is ask to be let out of the lease and move. If he insists on coming in the house, tell your landlord you will pay half the rent and he can pursue your ex for the other half. That might make him a little more wiling to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

Lease Termination Question (NJ) - 3 Room-mates on Lease , 1 Is not sure of moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are three room-mates sharing a apartment and the lease expires Jan 31,2007. We got a notice to renew the lease last month and need to respond by the 21st of December (this month). Me and one of my other roomie wants to move out and the third roomie is still not sure of moving out. ...

Lease signed and not moved in [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I signed the leasing documents with an apartment on July 16'th for one year and the move in date was August 1'st. I have a situation where I may have to go to my home country for sometime because of my fathers health condition and I am leaving on August 12'th. I am not sure...

View more questions Search