Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vopro Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
    2005 Troybilt Bronco won't start
    I have a Troybilt Bronco 2005 w/Briggs 18.5, new battery, new starter, just changed oil and filter... will not crank. Checked seat safety, PTO, fuse. It's like the system is in some sort of safety lock or as if the engine is seized. Thoughts?

Apr 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
    UPDATE: If found one of the deck springs broken (Extension Spring) part number 732-0308A. Could this be part of a "safety" related to the PTO, whereby it things the blades are engaged, thus not allowing it to crank?

Apr 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vopro View Post
    UPDATE: If found one of the deck springs broken (Extension Spring) part number 732-0308A. Could this be part of a "safety" related to the PTO, whereby it things the blades are engaged, thus not allowing it to crank?

UPDATE AGAIN!! Well, I've found the problem for sure, just not sure what the cause is or how to remedy. I have note been able to get the Magneto off, but I see chunks of broken magnet hanging on the bottom of the magneto. I pulled one chunk the size of a quarter off...

Apr 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vopro View Post
    UPDATE AGAIN!!! Well, I've found the problem for sure, just not sure what the cause is or how to remedy. I have note been able to get the Magneto off, but I see chunks of broken magnet hanging on the bottom of the magneto. I pulled one chunk the size of a quarter off.....
    GOT magneto/stater off and sure enough one of the magnets dislodged and dropped on top of the alternator ring, but ripping the whole thing apart and binding the rotation... so now I need to find a new magneto/stater/alternator
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Hi,
    If you could supply engine numbers, I can supply the parts breakdown, either a link or directly attached depending on size.)
    Peace,
    Clarke

Apr 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    If you could supply engine numbers, I can supply the parts breakdown, either a link or directly attached depending on size.)
    Peace,
    Clarke
    THANK YOU for your note: What I see is "FAMILY: 5BSXS.5012VP 276016. This is a Briggs 18.5 Intek built in 2005. Hope these numbers help.

Apr 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Hi,
    Those are the EPA test numbers. The model would be something like 310707 1526E1 etched into a black and silver tag on top and near the front of the engine.
    On an Intek single cylinder, espect something like a 693557 flywheel and either a 696459 stator(two wire flat connector) or a 696457 stator(one wire round connector and a separate regulator.)
    Peace,
    Clarke

Apr 22, 2012, 05:07 PM
    GOTCHA!
    Model: 31P777
    Type: 0293 E2
    Code: 050415ZD

Apr 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Hi,
    You have a dual circuit alternator. Flywheel #693557 and alternator #696459. The IPL(Illustrated Parts List) can be found at:
    http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocum...IXNnfBhU7y.pdf
    Peace,
    Clarke

Apr 23, 2012, 04:00 PM
    SO helpful... thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing deck belt troybilt super bronco 46 [ 0 Answers ]

Model#13AX60KH011 Installation deck belt for blades 46"

Where can I find the wiring diagram for TroyBilt Bronco? [ 0 Answers ]

Model # 13AV60KG011 serial # 1J229H16051

Need a drive belt diagram for a troybilt super bronco [ 4 Answers ]

Need a drive belt diagram for a troybilt super bronco?

Troybilt 18.5 Bronco maintence [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased this mower last year, changed oil, and basically kept in good condition. I want to know what kind of maintence do I need to do for the grass cutting blade and the belt. This summer I bought the twin bagger and whenever I cut slightly damp grass, it always get stuck in the chute and...

View more questions Search