Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiff2228 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Graph the following polynomial functions f(x)=(-2x-2)(x+1)(x-1)
    Graphing a polynomial function
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 08:44 AM
    First step is to figure out for what values of x does f(x) = 0 (hint - there are two). Then plot some points between them, and finally plot some points that are larger and smaller than them. Since this is a third order polynomial tyi can expect that the curve probably has two places where it changes direction (one local maximum and one local minimum).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to solve and graph 5th degree polynomial [ 1 Answers ]

I have a project due on Monday and forgot my notebook. I need to solve and graph this 5th degree polynomial and I am being graded on -rational zero test -descartes rule of signs (# of positive and negative zeros) -finding all 5 zeros -finding the y-intercept -finding the relative minimums...

Polynomial graph [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on 5th degree polynomial graphs... I found the zeros and plotted them what would be my next step

5th Degree Polynomial [with coordinates to make graph] [ 4 Answers ]

I need the work too! Numbers in pink are the exponents. Thank you! Solve a 5th Degree Polynomial to be Graphed: 4x5+8x4-25x3-20x2+51x-18

Polynomial Functions [ 1 Answers ]

Using transformations and the zeros of the polynomial function f(x)=x(x-4)(x+2) how could you determine the zeros of y=f(2x)?? Thanks

Polynomial Functions [ 1 Answers ]

How would you solve x^3-3x^2+2=0? Given P(x)=x^3-2x^2-x+8 how could you use its graph to solve x^3-2x^2>4x-8? Does it show you where it shifts and to what quadrant? I'm confused. What is the solution to x^3-2x^2>4x-8? Thank you.

View more questions Search