Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberlylovesu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
    Use probabillity to determine if the beanbag will go into the hole?
    The q is... Refer to game board 1. The shaded hole is the moth. DAWN will randomly throw a bean bag into the moth hole, what is the probabillity that the bean bag go into the moth hole.
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Apr 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Look at the board where each "block" on the board represents a chance for something to happen - the beanbag will hit this part of the board or not. However, you have only so many blocks that have a true opening that will allow the bag to pass through when the it hits that part of the board. This is represented by the shaded area. Therefore, you really need to find the number of "blocks" that allow the bag to go through divided by the number of blocks that are available for the bag to hit (i.e. the entire board). Makes sense?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me determine if it is a function? [ 2 Answers ]

Input Output -2 4 0 0 2 4 4 16 Is it a function?

Electrical 3-hole to 2-hole plugs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there an adapter for plugging a 3-prong plug into 2-hole wall receptors? And is this safe for electronics?

Installing 2 hole plugs with new 3 hole plugs in a very old home [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install new plugs through out my entire home. This home currently has 2 hole plugs. How do I ground the new plugs, all the wiring is old 2 wire wrapped in what seems to be a cloth like insulator. Having the same problem with installing GFI plugs with Light switch combinations. Any...

Determine the value of d [ 1 Answers ]

A long, straight wire lies on a horizontal table and carries a current of 1.25 ľA. In a vacuum, a proton moves parallel to the wire (opposite the current) with a constant speed of 2.95e4 m/s at a distance d above the wire. Determine the value of d. You may ignore the magnetic field due to the Earth.

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

View more questions Search