Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggie730 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Bacterial Vaginosis
    I NEED HELP!! I feel like I may have Bacterial Vaginosis, I took a shower after working out today and I smelled a fishy odor, it upset me a great deal. I've been having issues with this for a few years now, and I don't have insurance at the moment to go to the doctor, though I've read prescriptions only work temporarily. I read on a lot of websites that plain yogurt on a tampon will help? I need some advice and feedback, please!

Thank you!!
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Apr 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Its best to see a doctor about this hun. Antibiotics will cure it 100% but you need to get tested to make sure it is a bacterial infection. Here are the signs of bacterial vaginosis however you have to see a doctor as they will be able to rule out other diseases as sometimes you might have some symptoms that are not very clear so a doctor will check for you. Also you need to get tested as it can get very serious and lead to infertility and become very serious. The symptoms are normally : yellow discharge, strong smell, itchy, redness and soreness. If you have white thick discharge, green discharge or blood stained discharage most likely its another type of infection that also needs medical investigation but you still need to see a doctor. Im not a doctor but a pharmacist and I'm just giving you my advice but I cannt urge you enough to not leave this but to save up for a doctors appointment.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Apr 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Also the youghurt advice is for a fungal infection and will do nothing for a bacterial infection which is what bacterial vaginosis is. The youghurt might make it worse!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bacterial vaginosis [ 3 Answers ]

After treating bacterial vaginosis when can I have sex with my husband

Bacterial Vaginosis [ 4 Answers ]

Can Bacterial Vaganosis be the cause for early child birth?

Bacterial vaginosis [ 5 Answers ]

Last Thursday I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, my doctor gave me metronidazole to take twice a day for a week and my urine hasn't lightened up and I still have a odor.. my doctor sent out tests for chlamydia and ghonnerhea I will receive those shortly. I'm confused how I could have gotten...

Bacterial vaginosis [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of bacterial vaginosis for good?

Bacterial Vaginosis [ 29 Answers ]

I have a lot of discharge and fishy smell. About 5 yrs ago I noticed it for the 1st time. I was treated then for BV. It never really went away and I went to 4 other doctors within about 3years and they all told me I was fine and that everything was normal. I totally disagree. This cannot be...

View more questions Search