Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_jane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Best friends boyfriend, is he flirting or just being friendly with me?
    Hi, one of my best friend have been dating this guy for 6 months now. I have not seem him until 7 weeks ago at the bar. My best friend already told many things about me to him and I heard from friends that he really wants to meet me.When we meet he was really glad to see me and told me "I heard so much about you and you are absolutely amazing! Your funny episode that I have heard about a week ago, it's still on top of my head " I thought he finds me really funny and interesting.. I was glad that my best friends boyfriend finds me as a good person.

But when he was leaving (before me and my best friends) he came ONLY back to me to hug me and kisses me on the cheek, he whispered me "once again, it was really pleasure to meet you", then he held/rubbed my hand while he was walk out. I found it very flirty! Not only friendly... isn't it weird thing? I think my best friend did not see it because it was very crowded. I did not think much out of it anyway, but after that first meeting, anytime I see him (at the bar) he was extremely friendly to me, always gives me a hug and kiss on my cheek.

Last Saturday my best friend opened her birthday-party in his apartment. He was always checking and taking a glance at me. I felt a bit weird (started to think back, how he has been around me... ) I felt uncomfortable and I went outside of the balcony to smoke. (I felt somehow he is going to follow) and after few seconds he came out. We talked for a while. We were just talking about our days/live... and casual things.
    When we came back inside, my best friend asked us what we were talking about. She seemed like she is not happy about it.

Yesterday I meet my best friend and she was talking about that night. She told me "you guys were talking whole time outside of the balcony! I really hate that he smokes" I'm not sure if she is only unhappy that he smokes sometimes at the party or because he was with me. I'm not sure if he is flirting with me... or just being really friendly. I know he is anyway finds me more interesting than other her best friends.

While me and my friend was talking about that night, she called him to check what he is doing. We were driving in the car. They were chatting and she told him that she was with me in the car. Suddenly she gave me her phone (he wanted to talk with me, and asking it to his girlfriend! Isn't it a bit weird? Or is it OK? ) but my friend didn't argue or talk about this. I answered and he told me like "oh are you guys having fun? How are you xxx? good to hear you..." something like this.

I don't know. Does it sounds like he is flirting with me? Or just being really friendly because I'm her one of best friend? I'm not so sure because he is so open about it. He hugs, kisses and whisper to me in front of his girlfriend.

Is there something wrong about his behavior? Or is my friend being sensitive?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
    For now since you don't know him that well take it as his way of being friendly, unusual to you, even weird. Maybe for you both, you and your friend. He takes getting use to. Maybe your friend has to get use to it also.

Talk to her openly about it. But I see nothing strange here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if my boyfriend is flirting with my friend? [ 8 Answers ]

I can't tell if my boyfriend is just being friendly with my friend or if he is actually flirting. (he is 16 and I'm 15). It has been bugging me because they seem to get along well when we all hang out and they joke around with each other too. He is a really nice guy and is friendly to everyone like...

Flirting boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of two years is constantly flirting and talking to all the girls at work and even knows their personal life they even have nicknames for him and those same girls will turn around and barely talk to me. Trust me I'm a strong woman, and I have been but this has broken me down and I know...

Cousins boyfriend flirting [ 4 Answers ]

My cousins boyfriendis sending me texts such as : 'Whats your faviorite hobbies ? And I replied doing nothing Then he said that he has always taken an interest in me He also said that I was mysterious and he likes a good mystery Is he flirting or just being EXTRA friendly .

Is my boss friendly or is he flirting with me [ 10 Answers ]

I am really confused... I am really attracted to my boss who is about ten years older than me and widowed. I am 43. You would think I would know better... I am divorced and haven't really dated since. He always smiles and says my name in greeting. When he walks past my desk he looks to see if I...

Is he flirting or just being friendly? [ 16 Answers ]

I had car trouble and had to call a local garage for help. When the help arrived he got things fixed was friendly and charged me way less than expected. Skip ahead I needed help again same man came to help , fixed the car for the time told me to bring it in next day for repair. He did not charge me...

View more questions Search