Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickl138 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 03:29 AM
    Sewage ejector vent into radon abatement system?
    We are installing a new full bathroom (toilet, shower, sink) in a basement, but venting the sewage ejector system near the bathroom would result in it exiting out the front of my home. Obviously I do not want effluent odor venting to the front of my home near my front door. I have a fully operational radon abatement system that is about eight feet from the placement of the sewage ejector system. Is it allowable to vent into that pipe since it is being vented above the roof line?
    Thanks Rick
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 15, 2012, 05:43 AM
    A sewage ejector system has two separate vents. The fixture vent that vents like any ordinary vent and then we have the pit vent which is a dedicated vent This means that this vent can not tie back to any other vent or venting system. The exception to this, as I understand it. Is the new Sanaflush system that may revented back to the house system the same as a fixture vent. What system are you installing. Back to you, Tom
    rickl138 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
    I am installing a zoeller sewage ejector pump in a 24 x30 basin mounted in the floor.
    We could not use the saniflush system due to the ceiling height. It would have caused us to elevate the shower by 6".
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickl138 View Post
    I am installing a zoeller sewage ejector pump in a 24 x30 basin mounted in the floor.
    We could not use the saniflush system due to the ceiling height. It would have caused us to elevate the shower by 6".
    Then the pit vent CAN NOT tie back to another vent. It MUST be a dedicated vent. The fixture vent, however, can be run to the attic and revented back to a existing roof vent or if mechanical vents are allowed you may vent the fixtures with a AAV. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage ejector system venting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Rikdiy and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. To answer your question, Not if wet vents are allowed in your area. Your toilet will be wet vented by the lavatory roof vent. Good luck, Tom

Sewage ejector system venting [ 4 Answers ]

Installing sewage ejector system in basement, know that pit requires separate vent from drain. Existing vent is a 3inch pipe off main feed to septic system between toilet and septic which goes straight to the roof with no other vents tieing in. Can I tie in pit vent to this pipe or the sink vent ?...

Other fixtures drain into Sewage Ejector vent [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I believe I have a problem: A sewage ejector pump was installed, the shower, toilet and sink all drain into the pump basin. The underground drain pipes for these fixtures have a vent that ties into the main line that exits the roof. There is however a second sink that drains...

Sewage Ejector System Problems [ 2 Answers ]

New home owner here. I have never lived in a home with one of these systems, so this is new to me and I might be explaining it wrong. I have what appears to be a Sewage Ejector System in my basement. It looks like a black tub sunk into the floor in the unfinished part of the basement, with 2...

How to Vent Sewage Ejector System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a basement bathroom that will utilize a sewage ejector system since the sewer main line is above the floor. Since there is no easy chase to run a vent line three stories up to the roof, can I vent through a side exterior wall of the house? Can the line be capped...

View more questions Search