Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kholloway Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Feb 21, 2007, 02:13 PM
    When does your belly button pop?
    I just reached my 4th month of pregnancy. I normally have an innie belly button. (it's normally so "in" that you can't see all the way in it.) anyway, as of today, it has opened up and has become more shallow... I've heard of belly buttons poping out, but not this soon. This is my first child and I am not over weight. What is the usual time (if there is such a thing) that most belly buttons pop out?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
    K, not all bellybuttons pop out. Mine nevere did for all 4 kiddos. Some just get shallow, which may be what you might experience since you have such a deep naval.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
    I had a "coin slot"(as my hubby called it) for a belly button and abs before my first son hahha. Then when I got into my third tri, it was popping out.(this time around it popped much sooner) It sounds like yours is still pretty shallow, and not "popping " yet. Trust me, when it pops, you will know. Its like a little cork sticking in your belly haha. Like j9 said, everyone's belly buttons are different, and they won't always look the same, even pregnancy to pregnancy. But if it does start sticking out, here's a tip. If you don't want that knot pocking out of your shirt, use a piece of tape, or a bandaid to hold it down. This worked wonders for me ;0)
    kholloway Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Feb 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Thank you for the info. It just surprised me because it changed so much, and it was over night. I know that not everyone's does it, and I actually thought that my belly button because it was so deep wouldn't be effected by pregnancy.. but I seem to be wrong. :) if mine does end up poping later, I will use your advise on the bandaid buggage! Thank you both.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Heh, yes, I didn't think that mine would either. Its amazing how much your belly changes during pregnancy. (sometimes even over night;0))
    sam332 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kholloway
    i just reached my 4th month of pregnancy. i normally have an innie belly button. (it's normally so "in" that you can't see all the way in it.) anyway, as of today, it has opened up and has become more shallow... i've heard of belly buttons poping out, but not this soon. this is my first child and i am not over weight. what is the usual time (if there is such a thing) that most belly buttons pop out?
    Hi my belly button came out a lot but not until I was about 7months, but saying that everyone is different!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Not all belly buttons pop out, mine didn't with 3 pregnancys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Belly Button Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm only 13 and I want my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should get it done now or wait a few years? Is it good to get it done in a specific time of year or does it not matter I really am looking for some answers please help!! :cool:

Repiercing my belly button [ 4 Answers ]

Sooo... my grandmother wouldn't let me pierce my belly button so I did it myself, but after about 4 months I took it out because I realized I didn't get enough skin pierced and I tried to let it heal up and then there was still the hole so I put the ring back it (it was tempting me out of my mind)...

Repiercing my belly button? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough...

View more questions Search