Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mouser1515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 04:48 AM
    My 9 year old dog won't eat
    My dog eats all they time but lately he hasn't at anything what's wrong with him? :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Mouser, I have moved your post from the Medical Specialties board to the Dogs board where it will be seen by the Dog Experts of our forum.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Mouser, I am sure labman will make an appearance here to give his input. In the meantime, will you please explain if there has been any changes in your environment or his? Did he just stop eating suddenly? Has it been gradual? Is there anything more that you can think of that might have prompted this change in his behavior?

If he has just suddenly stopped eating for no apparent reason, you need to bring your dog into the vet for an examination. It could be any number of things that are health related and, since we cannot do a physical examination online, he needs to be seen by a vet to rule out any physical problems.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Most not eating problems are caused by the dog being sick, or being over fed. I cover both in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 If you need more help after reading the sticky, post back.
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Also important... the dog is not eating--but is he drinking? Hydration is important. Also--is the dog urinating and making any bowel movements?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 8 year old daughter won't eat [ 18 Answers ]

Every dinner is a battle.. anyone have any advise on this..

My 5 year old won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 5 year old daughter who aont eat and when she does she chews her food to a liquid then spits it out I'm at the end of my teather any advise would be great :(

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

My 7 year old won't eat [ 6 Answers ]

My 7 year old won't at all he eats when he feels like it and I have to almost force food in his mouth to eat it please help me I just don't knowe what to do any more

View more questions Search