Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave_t Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 12:15 PM
    New York mobile home title... HELP!
    I puchased a 2003 mobile home from a private seller. It has been 5 years of me purchasing the home, the person I bought it from never produced a title for me. I called the title buraue and ran his name and the VIN # and they told me my home was never issued a title buy the original owner. This home was purchased for just over $40k. Now what can I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Was it financed?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 5, 2012, 05:32 AM
    From what I read on many sites, regardless of state, you are almost 100% out of luck. You can't sell it, that's for sure, unless you can find someone like you, who didn't know that you never buy a DMV titled 'vehicle' without getting the title handed to you the same moment that you hand over the cash.
    You might be able to go a really complicated and expensive route of charging storage on your land, placing a lien for default of payment, and acquiring possession when the lien isn't paid off. You don't need to actually find the owner but you do need to send notices to 'last known address' which could even be your place. You might want to pay a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Mobile home title in MN [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking at buying an older mobile home in MN, a 1986... here's the problem, the current owner purchased this home at a sherriffs sale, but never got the title transferred into her name because there were back taxes from the early 90's ($600 some dollars)... purchasing a home at the sherriffs...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search