Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark Stahnke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 08:29 AM
    Maytag Refrigerator Problems
    3-30-2012

COMPRESSOR "SHOT" ON 5 YR OLD MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR!!

Compressor bad on 5 year old Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator, Model # MBF 2256KEQ. The freezer compartment suddenly stopped freezing, spoiled lots of food, and when I called the local appliance dealer, they came out and said it's the compressor, which will cost $650 to replace with only a 90 day waranty. A new comperable refrigerator is $1,500, and I need this style refrigerator/freezer for my disabled spouse to be able to use.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem? It's galling that a 5 year old expensive appliance could suddenly be JUNK!

[email protected]

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag side by side refrigerator freezer problems? [ 0 Answers ]

In the freezer part of the side by side, there was a glowing hot element on the bottom. What could cause this?

MayTag Refrigerator Ice Maker Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MayTag refrigerator model number msd2454grw. There is no water coming into the ice maker. We have checked for clogs and everything else that we think that might be causing the problem. Any suggestions?

Problems with my Maytag refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

The model number is MSD2756G, and the problem is that the refrigerator will not stay cold and the freezer is only freezing haf way up the wall of the freezer. It will not stay cold enough for the ice maker to freeze and make ice.

Problems with Maytag refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have Maytag side by side refrigerator which is forming ice. We have had the heater and there thermostate changed but the problem is still there. We have called the technician twice alredy and he can't figure it out. Once the ice start forming in the forzen side the refrigeratior start...

Maytag Refrigerator MTB1956DEW cooling problems [ 4 Answers ]

Top mounted freezer unit. Refrigerator compartment does not cool enough even though I set temp. control to maximum cool (value 9). Freeezer is working fine, and compressor and fans run properly. Per Maytag I cleaned back bottom compressor, fan and condenser with vacuum cleaner and brush. Still the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.