Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjleclerc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Okay to photocopy w2's
    Is it okay to send a photocopy of your w2's. I can only find my copy C and I need to send a copy to Fed and State - can I photocopy the w2?

Thank you

Please send response to [email protected]
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Yes. Not a problem to send a copy of your W-2 attached to your return.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
    The IRS only wants the information.

You're good as long as the W-2 is legible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W2's [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file my taxes without a w2 form?

Missing W2's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, Here is my situation. I was working in US from Feb 2001 to April 2005 on L1B. I have got the W2s of years 2001, 2002 and 2003. My two W2's of year 2004 and 2005 are missing. I have sent two mails to my previous employer (for which I was working while in US) to sent my W2's, but seems to...

2 W2's from 2 States [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1st W2 from NY and 2nd from CA. I know that I have to use my total income from 2 W2's for federal tax. How about state tax? Should I use total income for both states? Or I should use NY income only from NY for NY state tax and CA income for CA state tax? Thanks for help.

W2's [ 2 Answers ]

My husband worked for a company for about 6 months last year the engraved wine bottles. When we tried to get a hold of them about sending him his W2 their number has been disconnected. I have tried calling bridal shows to see get a phone number with no help, I've tried looking online for their...

W2's [ 1 Answers ]

I had two jobs during 05, and received two W2's. Do I combine the amounts and file once or do I have do to two separate filings.

View more questions Search