Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Did the contraceptives not work at all?
    I am a 20 year old girl.I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 17th of March.Later I too Unwanted 72 pill on the evening of the 19th of March.A week later,I had protected sex with him yesterday i.e. 24th of March. Everything went fine until the condom ripped apart while he was inside me and he was sure he climaxed at the same time.I would like to know whether I should consume another pill as soon as possible.Do the effects on the last pill linger on even after a week?Also, today morning i.e. 25th of March, I started bleeding and experiencing menstrual pains, which should not be the case, for I had my menses on the 8th of March.Am I pregnant?Did the contraceptives not work at all?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2012, 04:47 PM
    It is likely that the bleeding and cramping type pains are due to the pills altering your cycle. The emergency contraceptive pills are a higher dose of hormones seen in many birth control pills.
    You can take it again, but it would be wise to discuss an additional form of birth control to use on a regular basis along with the condom.

Emergency contraception is not meant to be used on a regular basis. They are not going to be 100% effective every time, as no form of birth control is. So, yes, pregnancy can still happen.

It would be too early to determine whether you are pregnant. Wait until you would expect your next period and see what happens. Keep in mind, that because of the use of the pills, your period may be off schedule at first. You could try a test in a couple of weeks and see what results you get.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2012, 05:15 PM
    It would be possible to still get pregnant, and yes you need to consider another pill.
    BUT, these pills can have serious side effects so they are not for regular use. So you need to consider using one or two other birth control methods. ** next to "pull out" condoms have the highest failure rate, so if you are having regular sex get on another form of birth control.

Now the morning after pills you have taken are of course not 100 percent effective either,

They will also have your period really off cycle for a couple of months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old foms of contraceptives [ 2 Answers ]

Well I did'nt know where to ask this question. I'm writing a compare and contrast paper on contraceptives from now and the old ones, I don't know if that made sense? But well if anyone knows and could help me? Thank you very much :)

Can my mom find out I got birth control contraceptives? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm cosigned with my mom on insurance, and it covered birth control contraceptives that I purchased. Will the insurance let my mom know this? Or is there a way that she could find out? Like does it impose an additional fee or anything? Thank in advance!

Middle School Contraceptives [ 33 Answers ]

Apparently a school in Maine is offering the middle school students the CHOICE to take birth control pills. The big issue though, is that it is without parental consent. What is your beliefs on this? I feel that it should be fine. The students are going to do it anyway, so the school is going...

Oral contraceptives [ 4 Answers ]

I use oral contraceptives 21days for 7months,one of my friend said her doctor said u should break body after use these tablet for 6months,means use pills for 6months,break for 6months & start after 6monthbreak again,can u help me.

View more questions Search