Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bergdahl Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
    if you signed for a college and the person graduates and refuses to pay?
    I was promised by the student he would pay the loan if I would sin for him to finish his 4year degree. He inished school and now works. He refuses to pay> is there anything I can do through the courts to make him pay this.

Mar 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
    I signed for a college loan and the student reuses to pay. He promised he would pay. He finished college and now has a good position. Is there any way I can get him to pay this loan?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Did you do a written contract for the money with terms for repayment?

You can try to sue in small claims court on a verbal contact but it is harder to prove

Mar 23, 2012, 04:46 PM
    If you signed for a college and the person graduates and refuses to pay?
    Can I take a person to court for not paying a college loan I co signed?

Mar 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
    No contract. Verbal agreement. I do have witnesses.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
    If you co-signed for a loan, then there is a contract. The primary borrower owes the money. If you are forced to pay to preserve your credit you can certainly sue the primary. You should have no prllem winning, but collecting may be another matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does someone in Florida evict a tenant that refuses to pay rent and refuses to mo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant that is not paying rent in Florida and she refuses to move from my property what can I do? What about landlord and tenants rights in the state of Florida?

My roommate and I signed a lease, he refuses to pay rent but also refuses to leave [ 4 Answers ]

What should I do if my roommate refuses to pay rent/utilities/food but also refuses to leave? His name is on the lease but he did not pay any of the rent or security deposit.

Main contractor refusing to pay as client refuses to pay. What can I do? [ 7 Answers ]

The main contractor I am subbie of have decided to withhold payment for the work done on their customers property as the customer claims I haven't done the full job they paid for. They are witholding payment from other jobs that I have completed and that they have been paid for in full saying that...

Person refuses to pay their bill from my business, what can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

A client refuses to pay their bill to me, what are my legal rights?

View more questions Search